From The Dumb Questions File/ E Mail Formatting

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 08:33 am
Recently, I have become president of an organization. I send out chatty newsletters to the members. When I write the newsletter, all the paragraphs are squoonched together. I even went as far as skipping a couple of lines between paragraphs, but they are still sent out as a block.

I send the newsletter to two of my own E Mail addresses. They both were squoonched, but in a different way.

How can I avoid this? Am I missing something?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 509 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 11:19 am
Update- This is very strange. I have a number of E Mail accounts, that I use for different purposes. What I found, is that when I send something from my ISP account, the text comes out with the paragraphs as I wrote them.

When I send the exact same text from one of my web based accounts, Hotmail, Yahoo, My Way, the text comes out with no paragraph breaks.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 11:26 am
Phoenix, my hotmail account has a choice (when sending a message) of having Rich Text off or on. I know it makes a big difference in the formatting. Have you played with that at all?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 12:06 pm
Mac- I give up. I am going completely bananas. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. I thought it had to do with the difference between sending a message from my ISP, as opposed to a web based E Mail address. I refuse to spend any more time on this!!!! Sad
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 08:10 pm
Let's just keep bumping this thread up. Maybe someone with more know-how than you or I have will come along!
0 Replies