Where do these emails come from?? WTF do they mean?? VIRUS??

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 11:49 am
Hello,

A Genuine College Degree in 2 weeks C.a.l.l now!-> 1-2,0,6,-338-5780

B/A,   B/S/C,   M/A, M/S/C, M/B/A,   P/H/D,

Within 2 weeks!      No Study Required!     ,.1_0_0_% Veri.fiable!

The oppor.rtunity exists due to a legal loophole allowing some established
colleges to award de.grees at their dis.cretion.

This little known sec,ret has been kept quiet for years.

Watson Start seeing how much better your life&carreer can be with few letters
behind your name! 0 .risk. and no oblig_ation

For more infor.mation give us a call, You'll thank me later.

C.a.l.l now! 1-2,0,6,-338-5780

TTYL,
Jerome Oliver

Jackie is missing jogging by the sea at present..
She has disliked cooking for a day or two..
12. Ninety six bottles of beer, three a's, three b's, one c, two d's, thirty three e's, seven f's, three g's, nine h's, twelve i's, one j, one k, six l's, fifteen n's, eleven o's, eight r's, twenty five s's, twenty two t's, two u's, six v's, eight w's, four x's, and five y's on the wall..
Early last month I was still missing sleeping..
The guards don't often love reading..
cheese burger and cheese fries .... mmmmm.
Doesn't Kate's granddaughter miss shaving for a few months?.
I am not enjoying skiing among the trees at the moment..
Don't you frequently dislike shaving?.
Betty Sue wasn't enjoying working..
Did Debbie love jumping in front of the restaurant?.
That farmer is not missing reading..
EDWARDS: ... more negative attacks -- aren't you sick of it?.
I get from most parents is ?Can you teach my child to talk?? This question has haunted me for years..
I didn't dislike cooking at home..
Doesn't Suzanne like skiing among the trees?.
I'm not enjoying fighting over there..
Were those farmers practicing shouting next to the police station?.
i need to get my nails manicured.
I am not missing surfing..
tomorrow i will wash my hair and go to the salon.
I'm not enjoying fighting over there..
Those news announcers aren't practicing shaving next to the police station right at this time..
I get from most parents is ?Can you teach my child to talk?? This question has haunted me for years..
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 668 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Crazielady420

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 01:12 pm
Nobody has any idea if this would be a virus email or not? It is sent to my work email... I am not sure where it comes from and I don't understand why I get it!!!! Or what it means!!!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 03:16 pm
It's spam. The words are all tossed in there to make it (hopefully, according to the spammer's way of thinking) past your filter. That's all. Just delete it.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 03:54 pm
Even reputable commercial spam-blocking software won't keep all spam out of your inbox - some always manages to get through. The best advice I can offer you is ignore and delete any email which arouses your suspicion. If you don't recognize the sender (and even recognizing the sender isn't always a guarantee its a legitimate email), or if the subject line either is blank or clearly something of no interest to you, dump it without opening.

One thing you can do is set up a "Freinds" folder, and create a filter which will send anything from someone in your addressbook into that folder; you'll then be able to look there first for "real" email, and you'll know to look skeptically at everything else. If you belong to any mailing lists, or get regular updates from websites, or billing/payment notices from legitimate commercial concerns with which you actually do business, be sure to include them in your address book'"freinds list". The short rule-of-thumb is that its highly unlikely someone you don't know is going to send you an email of any interest or value to you.

Another very good practice is to not open any unexpected attachment, regardless from whom it appears to come. If you don't know who sent the attachment, know for sure they meant to send it to you, know what the attachment is and what its supposed to be or do, dump it.

Even if all appears to be on the up-and-up, save any attachment to a convenient folder, such as one you create on your desktop and name something like "Attachments and downloads to scan", and scan the attachment both with an antivirus and a reputable antispyware before opening it.

Yet another piece of advice is to turn off the "Preview" pane of your email client - don't "preview" anything; open and view only email you know you want to see.

I have several email accounts, and receive anywhere from hundreds to literally thousands of emails a day. Most of 'em I never see, and quite a few that do make it through my filters are just plain junk. Its one of the things that goes along with using the web; you can't change it, so you should learn to and equip yourself to deal with it.
0 Replies