Couple's horror at sex-swamped resort

Reyn

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 01:13 am
An apparent true story. The couple in the photo with this article don't look well-pleased though. They say thay they were just out for a relaxing holiday sans kids, but were they telling the truth? :wink:

Read on and make your own mind up.....

Couple's horror at sex-swamped resort
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,259 • Replies: 21
No top replies

goodfielder

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 02:35 am
I notice Troy is complaining a lot in the story Very Happy
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 04:38 am
I think that story was planted by the travel agency. I'm sure their bookings will increase dramatically now that it's all out in the open.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 05:51 am
Just how stupid is that woman if it is an adult resort and no children then of course there is a chance of naked bodies. Two women performing sex acts on each other at a bar? How shocking! It happens in bars all the time (or at least simulations of) maybe Allison is just upset because she was not a participant and is it just me or does Troy look older than 42...also you will notice he looks none too pleased about being in the picture.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 06:02 am
Just because something 'happens all the time' does not make it acceptable for everyone.

I don't think I would have been too pleased myself if I had been in this situation. However, I think I would have asked more questions when being told it was 'adult only.' That may have, at one time, meant no children, but in today's society I believe it has a much different meaning.

Yes, I would have left the resort immediately. This couple probably has no legal basis for suing because (if they didn't) leave immediately.

In cases such as these, the travel agency should make it very clear to customers about this kind of resort. I am sure they won't lose any customers.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 06:26 am
I once got a "gay cruise" video for my brother-in-law who is a total dork. He was trying to book a different kind of cruise for he and wife. He didnt catch on until half thevideo was run and these 2 guys were undressing each other. Then he was pissed at me for about a year.

All of these "special service" venues have promotional CDs and crap so you can better understand to what youre
signing up.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 06:33 am
Caveat Emptor!!!

Obviously, the resort could not show the "adults only" entertainment in their blurbs. The way that the resort was described should have sent off "bells" in the heads of the couple.

Well, at least they have learned something. I would bet that the next time that they book a vacation in an unknown place, they will check more carefully.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 08:28 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Well, at least they have learned something. I would bet that the next time that they book a vacation in an unknown place, they will check more carefully.

hehe, I'm with you on that point!

The story almost seemed "dopy" enough to be a set-up, but I think it indeed was a matter of not asking all the right questions. :wink:
0 Replies

Bodo

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 03:24 pm
Wow. Talk about more than you bargained for.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 04:37 pm
Sex-"swamped" resort? Gus didn't have anything to do with this, did he?
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 05:10 pm
I can believe that these people were under the wrong impression when they booked the holiday. When the holiday sales person told them that the reference to "Adults only" meant rude comedians, this probably swayed them to book the holiday.

They come from South Shields (North East England) which has the fine tradition of working mens clubs, where "blue" comedians ply their trade, and the language/subject matter of the humour has to be heard to be believed.
Big mining community up until recent times when the pits were closed, it remains a predominantly blue collar worker area. If this couple were typical of the area, a good holiday would include lots of cheap alcohol in a large club setting, lots of "adult" humour, karaoke, dancing and copious amounts of unadventorous food.

But one thing that is almost a given.....these "Geordies" are dead straight laced when it comes to public behaviour. They are reknowned for speaking their mind, and will be first in line to "tut tut" anyone who gets up to naughty stuff in public.

The thing that comes across to me, is that ....a) They should have demanded a move to another hotel straight away, and b) They now seem to be "on the make" for some compensation now that they are home. The Sun newspaper is famous for this type of story, and their photographers are expert at getting the supposed "victims" to pose in a tragic fashion.

Hard cheese, as far as I am concerned. If they weren't happy, they should have said something at the time.
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 05:41 pm
hm, googled blue bay getaway (the "sex-swamped" resort in question), and they advertise something called a "zany pool for sexy fun!" (their exclamation) it seems the advertising is accurate.
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 07:04 pm
They should have gone to Butlin's Very Happy
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 07:08 pm
They stayed ten days?
They can't have been that disguuuusted.

Idjits everywhere.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 07:09 pm
Lord Ellpus wrote:
But one thing that is almost a given.....these "Geordies" are dead straight laced when it comes to public behaviour. They are reknowned for speaking their mind, and will be first in line to "tut tut" anyone who gets up to naughty stuff in public.

My wife confirms what you say here. She's from Gateshead /Newcastle. :wink:
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 07:11 pm
yitwail wrote:
"zany pool for sexy fun!"

Hmm, that indeed spells it out pretty good. How could they have missed that?
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 07:29 pm
ehBeth wrote:
They stayed ten days?
They can't have been that disguuuusted.

Idjits everywhere.

It certainly does call into question the validity of their claim of how bad it supposedly was.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 07:33 pm
Judge Judy would just have laughed at them!
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 07:35 pm
I think Judge Judy would have had a good time at that resort.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 07:36 pm
http://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/laughingsmiley.gif
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Couple's horror at sex-swamped resort
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 08:22:52