May I assume the sex change operation was a success Miss Blanche? :wink:

That's Miss du Bois to you, Bubba . . .

Quote:
Did you get all that on MediCare? Laughing

Veterans' Administration . . .
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2005 05:23 pm
Salut, Mon Vieux . . . j'y suis, tout en cherchant midi a quatorze heures . . .
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2005 05:38 pm
And jolly hors duerves to you too, set.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2005 05:45 pm
Welcome back, Blanche. I've missed you.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2005 06:18 pm
Hey, hi big fella and welcome back from the land of the "unwell". Been there, done that.

And now that you are back, at least for the moment, you may feel like expressing some comment on THIS THREAD. :wink:
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2005 06:23 pm
Hello, welcome back Smile
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2005 06:32 pm
Ohhh, Bossy, am I glad to see you!

schniff.

dribble.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2005 07:36 pm
Goodnight, Stella by Starlight. <smile> Don't be a stranger in a strange land, now.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2005 09:06 am
Set wrote, "That's Miss du Bois.."

How strange, from all the names in the world, you should choose the one whose quote adorns my desk:

"The important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become."

As for leaking my ID, "to you, Bubba . . ."

Kinda reminds me when me and and Earl were driving down the road, drinking a couple of Buds. I said, "Lookey thar up ahead Earl, it's a po-leece roadblock! We're gonna get busted fer drinkin' these here beers!"

"Don't worry Bubba, " Earl said. "We'll just pull over and finish drinkin'these beers, peel off the label and stick it on our foreheads, then throw the bottles under the seat." "What fer?" I asked.
"Just let me do the talkin', okay?" said Earl.

We finished the beers, threw the empty bottles under the seat and slapped the labels on our foreheads. When we reached the roadblock, the sheriff said, "Have you boys been drinking?"

"No sir," said Earl, "We're on the patch."

"Veterans' Administration . . ."

In my humble opinion the Department of Veterans Affairs is the very best there is. Well, along with the coastguards. Good to have you back on duty, big guy. Cool

Ps. Veterans should not give credit card numbers over the phone to callers claiming to update VA prescription information.

"Some unscrupulous scammers have targeted America's veterans, especially our older veterans," said the Honorable R. James Nicholson, Secretary of Veterans Affairs. "VA does not call veterans and ask them to disclose personal financial information over the phone."
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2005 01:32 pm
Oh, Setanta, it is lovely to have you back in the fold! I was so frantic in your absence I ran off and got married! Now how's that for being influential? Laughing
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2005 01:52 pm
Welcome back Boss,
You've been missed.
Try not to overdo it .
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2005 06:08 pm
Me'n Earl was drivin' in North Georgia once't an come to this gas station with a sign sayin' "Sex Lottery." An i says, it's a hoax. Well, Earl tanks up, and when he pays the man, he says: "What about the sex lottery?" Fella says: "K, ah'm thinkin' of a number 'tween one an' ten." Earl hollers out: "Seven!" Fella says, "Nope, 'twas three, howzabout you?" So i says: "Four!" an' he says, "Nope, i already tole ya it was three." We're drivin' away an' i says: "I tole ya it was a hoax." Earl says: "Oh no, my wife was in here twice't last week, an' she won both times!"

Lady J, i despair of your judgment. Try to keep the fool at arm's length until you've made certain of him.

LTX, . . . my eyes abhor you, though i'd rather lay no hand on you, my eyes abhor you . . .

Song i wrote fer the Little Boot . . .
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2005 06:18 pm
Ah, Setanta, What a beautiful song you sing when you are being foolish. <smile>

The song a robin sings,
Through years of endless springs,
The murmur of a brook at evening tides.
That ripples through a nook where two lovers hide.

That great symphonic theme,
That's Stella by starlight,
And not a dream,
My heart and I agree,
She's everything on this earth to me.

That great symphonic theme,
That's Stella by starlight,
And not a dream,
My heart and i agree,
She's everything on this earth to me.

How's that, Mr. Dimples.
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2005 06:21 pm
Good to see you back Set. I was missing the history min-lectures and the occasional frown :wink:
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2005 06:40 pm
MissLettybettyhettygettymarycustislee, Bo read yer poesie today--i guess Beth already said that.

GF, thanks, stand back, i'm about to historicize . . .
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2005 06:44 pm
so Set you ever gonna just shut up read something interesting like Emily Post?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2005 06:48 pm
whaddayouthink?
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2005 06:51 pm
Bo read it, Setanta? God love that man. No, I thought it would be your sweetie that would do that recitation.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2005 09:34 pm
belcome wack, Tesanta!
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 03:20 pm
I think that Set was trying to avoid me, really. I go away for a week, and he immediately turns up, being all nice and cheerful. Very suspicious, methinks.

Lovely to see you back, boss. I have missed the history lessons, the grumpiness and the Irish humour.

Speaking of Irish humour, did you hear the one about the Kerry man who thought that a lunatic was an astronaut's watch?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 06/11/2024 at 02:35:25