Who Reminds you of Daylight Savings Time?

Linkat

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 11:43 am
Each year I get a postcard reminder in the mail about daylight savings time from a handful of real estate agents. This is not just one, but I received several this year. When did they become in charge of reminding me to change my clocks back? Why the h*ll do they do this any way?

Who reminds you to change your clocks?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 938 • Replies: 26
No top replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 12:01 pm
My mom.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 12:06 pm
It changes every time. This year it was a woman who commented 2 weeks back that people had not arrived for a morning meeting, she thought it was DST until somebody told her it was a few days off. Sometimes it is the local news as they show a watch shop changing all the watch times. The thing with my computer works well too, as soon as I turn the system on it pops up a message and tells me it has reset the time and then shows the clock for approval.
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 12:12 pm
TV or radio.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 12:16 pm
At Abuzz it was always temper - even though her clocks changed at a different time than mine.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 12:27 pm
Makes me wish we had a town crier...
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 01:19 pm
So....when DOES daylight savings time end?
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 01:22 pm
Late Saturday night into Sunday morning...officially it is 2 a.m. go back an hour and ta-da! it'll be 1 a.m.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 01:22 pm
Oh and that is this upcoming weekend....
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 01:25 pm
Thanks Sturgis
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 01:26 pm
I had a co-worker, a bit spacy as a rule, who showed up to work, brighter and earlier than usual, and chided me on coming in later than her on a Monday. Did I forget to change my clock, she queried. No, I replied. Now it was her turn to look puzzled.

Turns out she moved her clock in the wrong direction, went through the Sunday two hours off the whole day, then deprived herself of sleep that Monday. Oh, how I chuckled...
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 01:29 pm
I once went through an entire Sunday without realizing the time changed. Both my roommate and I did - we even went to see a theatre show that day and were very befuddled that we arrived an hour early. We then went out to dinner and was surprised how empty the restaurant was - half way through dinner it clicked in our heads.

We were in college then - that's my excuse.
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 02:28 pm
As we approach a time change, my mother calls me up and asks me to
come over to adjust her alarm clock. In fact, she called earlier today.
For some reason, she is always afraid she is going to set it wrong.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 03:20 pm
George--

I'm glad you visit your mother twice a year.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 05:11 pm
I usually manage it myself, but this year my employer sent around an (erroneous) email.

It begins tonight!!! Yay!!!!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 05:13 pm
Bella.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 05:15 pm
Actually I think eoe did first.

Second-to-last resort is usually the New York Times, last resort is my computer.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 05:47 pm
bailey and cleo (ebeth's dogs) don't care about daylight-savings time and such other gimmicks. when they arrived two weeks ago, they were used to getting up early with ebeth - around 6:30 in the morning. within a couple of days they slept soundly 'till 8 - 8:30 ; they sure didn't mind ! next week they'll have to get up early again with ebeth - and we'll have to be up by 7 too - going back to the pool for morning swim. sleeping in was good while it lasted . hbg
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 07:58 pm
It's printed on the calendar on our refrigerator (Operations Central).
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 08:38 pm
I know DST ends the last weekend in October because I'm hyper about the night closing in early. The knowledge is reinforced by the newspapers, the radio and the internet.

I do appreciate that bit of extra light in the morning--while it lasts.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Who Reminds you of Daylight Savings Time?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/07/2024 at 03:56:45