Pet Peeves

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2005 04:07 pm
So guys whats up? I was wondering what are some of your pet peeves?

One of my major ones is when random people come up and talk to me or tell me hello or one time i had one tell me they loved me. That freaked me out so much.

So what are some of yalls?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,486 • Replies: 24
No top replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2005 06:39 pm
i'm sorry i freaked you out
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2005 06:50 pm
Idiots in car parks who open up their car doors, recklessly into
the side of my car!! Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2005 07:03 pm
Re: Pet Peeves
seibentage wrote:
So guys whats up? I was wondering what are some of your pet peeves?

One of my major ones is when random people come up and talk to me or tell me hello or one time i had one tell me they loved me. That freaked me out so much.

So what are some of yalls?

Grumps who don't act friendly when I come up and talk to them.
0 Replies

BlaiseDaley

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2005 07:05 pm
I'd add the restraining orders that follow as well.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2005 07:20 pm
Well, those are more than a peeve in my book, BD.

Then there are those who say yall, or you all, or y'all, or ya'll... I'm not sure what they mean but I'm afraid they're next going to say they love me. Yuck. Would freak me out.
0 Replies

BlaiseDaley

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2005 08:25 pm
I really get shaken when the say, "you've got a pretty mouth."
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2005 11:02 pm
But you have such a pretty Neanderthal jaw.

Siebentage -- when my government does stupid stuff... that really peeves me.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2005 07:25 am
People who stare as if they know me but say nothing...they just keep staring.

People who pay no regard to traffic regulations.

People who are stupid enough to say how smart they are...trust me, if you have to tell me that you are smart, the odds are that you aren't.

People who are so arrogant and pompous that they tell me how everyone likes them and how they do a wonderful job at work, better than anybody else Rolling Eyes .

People who need people...must you be so needy?
0 Replies

seibentage

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2005 07:15 pm
So many pet peeve so little time. Dj its okay. You just freak me out by just coming up to me and saying you love me and giving a a hug, but that was before i got to know the real you.
Hey Piffka i am from texas i have bad gramer and i can not spell and i will keep saying yale without using any correct type of punctuation. I am just kidding. But the people here in texas also can not drive. I hate the people who drive here. They suck.
0 Replies

BlaiseDaley

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2005 01:36 am
Being from California, those occasion I've had to drive in Texas have been great; the folks are super gracious on the highway. If a driver is in the fast and not actively passing someone they'lll pullover into the slow lane and let you go by. I can onlyattest to the drive from Austin to College Station but it has always been a pleasure.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2005 10:03 am
seibentage wrote:
So many pet peeve so little time....
Hey Piffka i am from texas i have bad gramer and i can not spell and i will keep saying yale without using any correct type of punctuation. I am just kidding. But the people here in texas also can not drive. I hate the people who drive here. They suck.

I am just kiddin' too, and what an interesting 'nother spelling of yale. Very Happy

People here in Washington (the state, dammit) who won't move over when I need to speed... and don't give me a short beep-beep thank-you honk when I move over for them and let them speed by me.

<Maybe they know I am hoping like heck that there is a state patrol car just beyond the next corner???> heh heh heh.... it never has happened yet, but a girl can dream.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2005 10:46 am
Piffka wrote:
seibentage wrote:
So many pet peeve so little time....

I am just kiddin' too, and what an interesting 'nother spelling of yale. Very Happy

People here in Washington (the state, dammit) who won't move over when I need to speed... and don't give me a short beep-beep thank-you honk when I move over for them and let them speed by me.

<Maybe they know I am hoping like heck that there is a state patrol car just beyond the next corner???> heh heh heh.... it never has happened yet, but a girl can dream.

siebentage, you must be from East Texas, close to the Arkansas border if you can't spell y'all. And it's NOT ya'll, it y'all....I suppose I must explain this again (sigh)....

"y'all" is 2nd person singular. As in "y'all goin' ta Wendy's? If y'are, I wish you would pick me up one of them thar .99 cent junior bacon cheeseburgers, here's a dollar. Keep the change.

"all y'all" is 2nd person plural, as when you see a whole passel of folks goin' to Wendy's, but cannot go yourself. Can be directly substituted in the above sentence.

"all y'alls" is 2nd person possessive. As in "Is that all y'alls bag full of burgers? Could I borrow one?"

"yale" on the other hand, is what one does to the dog when you catch him rooting in the garbage can. As in "No, I wuzn't yaling at you momma, ol' Buford here got his head stuck in a coffe can agin"

Glad I was here to clear this up.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2005 10:51 am
oh, this might better explain "all y'all".....

If all y'all don't stop pickin' on little Trey thar, I am gonna haft to open me up a can of whup-ass for each and every one of ya.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2005 10:52 am
You certainly cleared up any illusions I had gathered from your two avvies.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2005 10:54 am
spendius wrote:
You certainly cleared up any illusions I had gathered from your two avvies.

When in Rome.....
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2005 11:39 am
Chai Tea wrote:

siebentage, you must be from East Texas, close to the Arkansas border if you can't spell y'all. And it's NOT ya'll, it y'all....I suppose I must explain this again (sigh)....

"y'all" is 2nd person singular. As in "y'all goin' ta Wendy's? If y'are, I wish you would pick me up one of them thar .99 cent junior bacon cheeseburgers, here's a dollar. Keep the change.

"all y'all" is 2nd person plural, as when you see a whole passel of folks goin' to Wendy's, but cannot go yourself. Can be directly substituted in the above sentence.

"all y'alls" is 2nd person possessive. As in "Is that all y'alls bag full of burgers? Could I borrow one?"

"yale" on the other hand, is what one does to the dog when you catch him rooting in the garbage can. As in "No, I wuzn't yaling at you momma, ol' Buford here got his head stuck in a coffe can agin"

Glad I was here to clear this up.

Haha... I'm not sure I can keep that all in my head.

Your first remark reminds me of a guy I once met who said <ahem, trying to get the vernacular right>, "Wall, hail no (little momma), ahm not from Techsas, ahm from Ahmahrella."
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2005 12:18 pm
In austin we can tell who the real austinites are by the way they pronounce the name of this street...

Manchaca Road.

Yer not a-posta pronounce that last "a".....It's Man-chac!

ahmahrella? oh yeah, that real purty up thar.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2005 05:26 pm
Hmmm. Dropping the "a's", eh. Some reason having to do with the original Spanish? And isn't that a cheese???

Out here on the Left Coast we can tell the real Westerners by how they pronounce Puyallup, Yelm, and Sequim. (all three are v. nice towns)

Pew al up
Yel-um
Skwim
0 Replies

seibentage

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2005 01:14 pm
Well were i live in Texas, not any where near Arkansas, the people here for some strange reason, seem to slur our words together. And the "yale" thing, that is my own fault i can't type or spell worth a damn. And stop dissecting my words!!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Pet Peeves
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/16/2024 at 12:46:15