Boy with rare condition which stops him from feeling pain

Reyn

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2005 04:36 pm
Here is an interesting story about a 13 year old boy who has a rare condition. Unfortunately, it does not list what this condition is called. It just says that it's a "rare sensory dysfunction" that stops him from feeling any pain.

Complete story here
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 419 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Letty

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2005 04:01 pm
Hey, Reyn. I have heard about that condition, and according to my oldest sister, it has to do with an underdeveloped or stunted nervous system. I don't know the medical term either, but I'll see what I can find out.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2005 05:45 pm
Hi Letty, and thanks! I've never heard of it before and thought it quite an interesting story.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2005 06:36 pm
Reyn, the medical profession knows very little about the nervous system and less about the imagination. <smile> But I find it quite interesting to see the cases and how they are handled. I find myself wondering how the parents are coping.

It's always nice to interact with you, Reyn, and to see your interesting input and talent.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2005 06:50 pm
I have heard of people having extremely high tolerances to pain but I'm not sure I have ever heard of them not feeling pain at all. I wonder if the two are related in some way?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2005 08:14 pm
If I were him, I'd make some serious money. Charge people to kick me in the nuts, punch me in the face, tattoo a dartboard on my back and use me as the human dartboard.

Good times.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Boy with rare condition which stops him from feeling pain
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 10:19:55