When do you blush?

Chai

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2005 10:34 am
Sometimes I will feel like I'm blushing, face gets hot, but when I look in a mirror, I'm not blushing at all.

On the other had, at times people have called to my attention that I'm blushing, but I don't feel it at all, and there's no reason for my blushing.

I find that extremely embarassing.
I'm very fair skinned and it makes it more prominent.

I suppose some men find blushing in a woman attractive to them because it feeds their ego. I certainly not against doing that, but I wish I had more of a say so in whose I'd like to feed.
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2005 11:06 am
My cheeks turn pink when I get a spanking.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2005 11:07 am
Butt or face??!!
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2005 04:22 pm
In order to satisfy the gentleman who provided this well practiced piece of sarcasm-

Quote:
. If you have seen many references in your self-alleged wide reading, it should be a simple matter for you to provide citations here to support your contention.

I have looked around and the best citation I have found comes that dear darling of the Scientific Design school of thought,who are giving the elected school board of Dover Pa.an aggravating at this very time,none other than Mr Charles Darwin hissveryselfo!

And I quote from picture 76 of Desmond and Moore's biography of the clergyman apprentice turned muck grubber where the caption to a cartoon showing Darwin as a monkey feeling at a ladies' pulse whilst gazing,but hardly rapturously,at a fashionable and voluminous Society Lady's bustle, which is itself a good joke,difficult to explain in a short post such as I'm trying to make this one,reads-

76 Darwin with his finger on the pulse of femininity.In The Expression of the Emotions in Man and Animal he wrote that 'a pretty girl blushes when a young man gazes intently at her because she immediately thinks about the"outer and visible parts" of her body,and this alters their "capillary circulation".

Of course that begs the obvious question as to what alters the "capillary circulation".

Vanity.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2005 10:52 pm
Uhhhh....ooookay. Ahem. If we're done with the sexual-initiation-by-older-women-creates-Shakespearean-type-geniuses-and-women-blush-due-to-excessive-vanity-and-is-spendius-trained-in-every-scientific-discipline-known-to-man digression, I shall return to the topic... I discovered today that I blush to an insane degree when making speeches....sigh. I felt like my face was burning off. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2005 11:03 pm
I blush when I get an emotional rush...
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 01:10 am
Basically, blushing is part of a stress response.

The brain releases two neurotransmitter hormones - noradrenaline and dopamine. There are other hormones involved as well - oxytocin and vasopressin, secreted from part of the pituitary. These cause your blood pressure to go up and the blood flow increases to your cheeks (and other parts, if the circumstances are favourable).

I don't think that it has much, if anything to do with vanity, although we are all a little bit vain in one way or another.

Stress can be caused by such things as attraction, shame, fear or embarrassment. This results in the brain preparing the body to be ready for a fight, flight or f***. These three normally happen all at once, when attending a wedding reception.

The rise in blood pressure causes the reddening.

I said f***, ......I'm blushing now.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 06:09 am
His Highness wrote-

Quote:
These cause your blood pressure to go up and the blood flow increases to your cheeks (and other parts, if the circumstances are favourable).

I refrained from mentioning the "other parts" to spare your blushes.I have often witnessed a distinct reddening of other parts in the absence of any similar phenomema in the face.

Has his worship an explanation?
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 06:18 am
I don't reaaly know.....

Maybe you were on your own at the time, Mr S ?

So there was no embarrassment or fear involved?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 07:18 am
My Noble Lord has sought solace in a verbal trick of distinctly poor taste which is unworthy of this House.
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 06:39 pm
spendius wrote:
I think blushing is caused by a lack of humility.This is probably the reason ladies blush more than gentlemen.

If there's anyone who suffers from a lack of humility on this forum, its you, for god's sake. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 08:30 pm
my thought exactly, pragmatic... Very Happy
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 08:22 pm
cyphercat, how come you can agree. you are new and know so little about spendius or anyone!

By the way, cyphercar, welcome to A2K. I hope you have a great time here.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 08:44 pm
Oh, because I'm not really new, I just changed my username. Here, I'll put my previous identity in my signature for a while so it doesn't seem like I'm sneaking around....Anyway, it doesn't take long to get a read on ol' spendius... Laughing
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 09:07 pm
I presume cyphercat can pick up on rude.

Though... spendius, ball of distaste for women though he seems to be...
is likeable from time to time.

One has to be chary on a2k, in that some who seem entirely vile are conjectured personae.

This doesn't mean I vouch for Spendius - just don't be so quick to apprehend others as all-bad.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 09:35 pm
no, no, I don't think of spendi as bad, at all. I just meant that when he comments on others' vanity, it's a classic case of pot-kettle-black. By "get a read on him" I just meant he doesn't exactly come across as Mr Modesty. But I still find him entertaining. I tend to take it as a persona that he adopts for the sake of goat-getting. Smile
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 01:23 am
I have often read dora17 on A2K, I suppose. What compelled you to change your name over to this one, my dear?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 08:52 am
Gee!If I wasn't so suffused with humility I would blush.

If a lady says to me-"Can I-whatever" I usually say-'You can have anything you want my dear.'And I mean it.Assuming they are at least average I mean.That takes humility and risks having it put to the test.Why does this often elicit a blush but only a smirk from most barmaids.Mature barmaids have been known to hold my gaze quizically and if they go for more that 10 seconds wih that I wiggle my ears.Most ladies who have been brought up to have a high opinion of themselves display a degree of anger but one can't find gold without digging into mountains.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 08:57 am
I very seldom blush, but I very seldom get embarrassed. Not that I don't do stupid things but I have learned to laugh at myself and not worry so much about what others think. We all make mistakes. It takes a lot to make me blush.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 09:16 am
There you go then.

Laughing at yourself is the opposite of vanity and is reinforced by not worrying about what others think.

But BD must have a little residual vanity for her to say that it takes a lot to make her blush.She has avoided going the whole hog.She's not entirely uncivilised.Remnants of bourgeois respectabilty remain.And a good thing too.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » When do you blush?
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 01:49:50