When do you blush?

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2005 06:31 am
I blush on receiving rejection slips from editors. When do you blush?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,028 • Replies: 44
No top replies

littlek

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2005 09:15 am
I blush when I make an arse of myself.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2005 11:14 pm
I blush whenever a man makes a suggestive comment to me (or about me) in public.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2005 11:16 pm
I associate blushing - if not with shame - with some sense of emotions caught.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 02:06 am
When I got into bed last night(one my own to sleep)I immediately forund my cheeks going hot, which obviously meant I was blushing!!I hadnt got a clue why and from teh intense heat radiating from my cheeks I was very glad it was pitch black and nobody was watching.

I try to avoid anything embarrasing so I dont blush.
But there are certain situations usually made worse by supposed friends pointing out that Im blushing, making it even worse!.

In conclusion I either blush for no reason or when I really feel self conscious.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 05:26 am
material girl wrote:
When I got into bed last night(one my own to sleep)I immediately forund my cheeks going hot, which obviously meant I was blushing!!

i was very interested in the story up to the comma

i thought i was on one of those erotic story sites, that people tell me are on the internet

anyone wanna bet mg's blushing if she reads this Smile
0 Replies

Don1

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 01:12 pm
Re: When do you blush?
spidergal wrote:
I blush on receiving rejection slips from editors. When do you blush?

I can state,with god as my witness, that not once in my life have I received a rejection slip from an editor :wink:

I used to blush very easily for the most trivial of reasons up to being about 18 years old and then it just stopped.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2005 01:53 am
Sorry to dissapoint you djj!!

It happened agin in in a superarket yesterday, in public so that just made it worse.
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2005 01:24 am
Whenever I met a particular Cambridge academic...not that it happens anymore ever since he left last year... and probably may never happen again if he doesn't come back...

Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Tarah

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2005 03:26 am
I used to blush over anything and everything. Then a couple of guys told me it was very attractive and that stopped me getting embarrassed over blushing. And in turn, I stopped blushing.

Shame, if it's that attractive!
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2005 05:19 am
When I was 16 my mother's best friend made me blush.It was my birthday and she had invited me to her residence to give me a present.I have never blushed since.

I think blushing is caused by a lack of humility.This is probably the reason ladies blush more than gentlemen.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2005 05:26 am
spendius wrote:
I think blushing is caused by a lack of humility.This is probably the reason ladies blush more than gentlemen.

Amongst a host of truly stupid comments, this is one of the most stupid. You've really outdone yourself with that bit of crap, and, of course, managed to make it into a misogynistic smear . . . your specialty.
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2005 05:37 am
I blush a lot, I can't help myself.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2005 06:13 am
GO SETANTA!!!!

I also blush when someone listens to me.
Im used to basially being ignored so if all of a sudden someone pays me attention and actually wants to listen to what I have to say I get really self conscious and blush like a tomato.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2005 06:13 am
As you can imagine job interviews are a nightmare which is why I avoid them like the plague.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2005 07:32 am
Setanta expostulated-

Quote:
Amongst a host of truly stupid comments, this is one of the most stupid. You've really outdone yourself with that bit of crap, and, of course, managed to make it into a misogynistic smear . . . your specialty.

I must say that it is quite obvious that you have little or no knowledge of psychology.I have seen many references to blushing in my wide reading in this subject and they are as one in assigning the cause to vanity which is a word best looked up in large expensive dictionaries.

Have you ever heard of resistance analysis.It is a technique whereby one takes more note of angry denials that of all the other self serving nonsense which people give out.Angry reactions denote sensitive spots in this particular field.

It is a well known policy of educated Europeans to arrange for their sons to be shown the ropes by an experienced,mature woman.Shakespeare was introduced to maturity at a young age by a woman considerably older than himself and we can see the result in his works.And there are many others I could name.Vanity is antithetical to art and is often caused by concentrating one's relationship on people one feels superior to.
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2005 07:48 am
I blush when others in front of me get angry.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2005 07:55 am
When I am caught in a lie.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2005 08:54 am
spendius wrote:
I must say that it is quite obvious that you have little or no knowledge of psychology etc., etc., blah, blah, woof, woof . . .

What is obvious to you is not necessarily to reasonably be assumed. I've read sufficient of your protestations of specialized knowledged--you're a scientist when you spread your burro shitto in the ID thread; you claim to be a philosopher in the philosophy threads; and here you claim expert knowledge of psychology. I believe none of it. If you have seen many references in your self-alleged wide reading, it should be a simple matter for you to provide citations here to support your contention. I need no snotty remarks from you about what one would do to get a definition of vanity--something which you display constantly with your claims to expertise, but for which expertise no one here has any evidence. Tell us, oh pyschological oracle, how a researcher qualifies and quantifies vanity for purposes of supporting such a silly contention as you've just made.

You assume that i'm angry--don't confuse contempt for your line of crap with anger. You contend a denial. I deny nothing which you have demonstrated and supported with citations of an appropriate literature--which is to say, nothing. You end with a specious, and once again, unsupported contention about younger men being initiated into sexuality by older women. That crap is not germane to the topic, and has no bearing upon the accusation which i make once again. You are misogynistic by nature--the evidence is all over this web site in your posts. I submit that you fear women, that you don't deal with them effectively, and so you belittle them.

I haven't the least doubt that you'll claim yet more expertise for which you provide no evidence, and then wander off again into one of your sexual fantasy obsessions, which i suspect is as close as you ever get to a genuine relationship with a woman.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2005 10:18 am
Oh Aye!

Only a misogynist can have a genuine relationship with a woman.All the rest are simple saps who submit to having the back of their necks pecked in return for a sniff once a month and who stereotype women into some category for their own convenience.Women are dangerous,devious creatures of divine origin and are respected as such by misogynists who wouldn't be seen dead patronising them.I couldn't imagine Barbara Stanwyk ever blushing.

Instead of arguing with me don't you think it would be better to try to provide these ladies on here, who obviously don't like blushing,with some ideas about how to avoid it.That is all I was trying to do.
They needn't take it.

What item on the ID thread do you consider "burro shitto"?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » When do you blush?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.33 seconds on 05/08/2024 at 09:58:09