OK!! I admit it!! I'm Selfish!! How about You??

boomerang

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2005 07:12 pm
Chai I thought of you today.

Mo had expressed outrage that all of the other houses were decorated for Halloween and we had NOTHING.

I picked out spider webs, spiders, plastic rats and pondered whether I should get Mr. Big Head Jangles the dancing, singing skeleton or the cool glow in the dark skeleton with red, light up eyes.

And I thought "WHO AM I? HOW DID I GET HERE?"

And I thought about you.

And about how when I need a good cry that I have to do it in the shower.

Or about how nice swimming works off fustration.

And how long it took me to learn to talk to kids and relate to kids and to understand kids and to not roll my eyes at them or their parents.

I think it is very cool that you have started visiting the parenting forum and I appreciate your input.

I was a lot like you and now I decide Mr. Big Head Jangles is a better fit for our house.

I know that the parents you're engaging love the adult interaction and conversation. Parenting is a lonely place.

Okay. I'd better run. Unless I find batteries to make Mr. Big Head Jangles work my ass is grass.

And, of course, I still have to say my prayers to the Gods of Kodak and Photoshop who help keep me sane and involved with my work.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2005 07:25 pm
I admit that I'm selfish. Even when I put my interests behind those of others, I'm still doing it for moi...even though there is no "moi."
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/15/2024 at 12:11:39