HOW MUCH WILL BLOGS IMPACT A2K?

ossobuco

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2005 10:46 pm
No, I'm awake, thank you, Timber. I had been thinking I was behinder than I even knew...
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2005 10:16 am
How much will blogs impact A2K?

They haven't and they won't. Why? 'Cause the two are just different parts of cyberspace. Some folks will read both, some will choose one or the other. Some will read neither. It doesn't matter, A2K is large and will continue to grow regardless of the number of blogs out there. We fill a far different niche than blogs do.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2005 10:27 am
timberlandko wrote:

Cautionary Browsing Note: Chasing the following links very well may provide you hours of distraction. It could be a while before you get back to A2K. I suggest you read this whole post before setting out onto the web at my direction. Don't say I didn't warn you -timber.

Cool explanation, Timber. I'm bookmarking this so I can find my way back for some long winter reading.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2005 10:43 am
I only look at the blogs of the people that I know here on A2K. Don't join any other forums, though. We have enough diversity and I have learned quite a bit from the other countries that post.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2005 12:50 pm
Many blogs are of the personal, look at every pitiful aspect of my boring life, I have to admit. I just took this off of one blog I visited earlier.

A self pitying journey into the darkness that is my soul

Still, there is a widening range of kinds and styles and worth checking out.
0 Replies

Vonda1941

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2005 06:01 pm
"The Blog Phenomenon"

http://technology.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=28229

I'm no expert, just a newbie, but I think I see 'the blog' as something that allows anyone in the world (with access to the internet of course) to have their own little few moments of fame, albeit obscure. A2K, in my opinion has embellished on the garden variety blog. It is good to know that we can have the best of both worlds. We have freedom of choice, and we CAN have our cake and eat it too. That's what I believe.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 08:43 pm
Jespah I thought you might be interested in: Symposium on Social Architecture
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2005 09:11 pm
Vonda, welcome to A2K...hope to read you again.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2005 07:57 am
husker wrote:
Jespah I thought you might be interested in: Symposium on Social Architecture

Huh? Sorry, I have little time to read and explore it - what's it about? Thanks, sorry to be a pain. Smile
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2005 11:26 pm
timberlandko wrote:

Quote:
Cautionary Browsing Note: Chasing the following links very well may provide you hours of distraction. It could be a while before you get back to A2K. I suggest you read this whole post before setting out onto the web at my direction. Don't say I didn't warn you -timber.

Quote:
Cool explanation, Timber. I'm bookmarking this so I can find my way back for some long winter reading

PIFFKA....DITTO...GOOD STUFF!
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2008 06:20 am
We are approaching 3 years since this thread was initiated....how would you answer it TODAY?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2008 07:44 am
Same way I did then.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2008 11:11 am
I still spend some time looking at blogs - I find some of them very interesting.

Facebook's what has taken time away from A2K for me. It's my first stop after rainforest clicking now.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2008 02:53 pm
Thanks for response...What is the lure of FACEBOOK?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2008 04:54 pm
I "follow" about 40 blogs, however sporadically. I have blogs and food blogs as two choices on my toolbar. Some are about food, some about politics, a couple are about Italy, an interest of mine - heh, Beppe Grillo's blog - he's an italian comedian who is making a present big noise in politics there; four or five are on are on architecture/art/photography, one or two on style/fashion, e.g., the sartorialist; a couple are personal blogs.

I laughed today when I saw my old post about barely knowing what a blog is.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2008 06:45 pm
oss...really enjoyed your response...I am way past the stage of being able to juggle that many topics (40, you said). I am intrigued by your reference to the Italian comedian...interacting with individuals with a different cultural reference is mind opening.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2008 08:26 pm
I'm a fan of social networking, and Facebook works better for me than MySpace.

I keep up with people from the dance studio I go to - and events there.
I catch up with friends from my hometown, high school and university.
I keep up with local events that friends are hosting/attending (it's been a great way to keep up with BoGoWo who's basically disappeared from A2K, but who I share a fair number of social/political/community interests with).
I play games with friends online.
Facebook makes all of that easier.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2008 08:38 pm
Wow, reading through Timber's old posts sure makes me miss him around here...
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2008 09:10 pm
ehbeth...I like your detailed response. Now, I may have to try it.

Butrflynet...I recommend reviewing some old threads...for just the very reason you mention. If you think about it, you are looking at first person reports re some events in history. I'm sorry I lost some of my ABUZZ threads.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2008 09:16 pm
New Yorker article on Beppe Grillo -
http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2008/02/04/080204fa_fact_mueller

Grillo's blog - http://www.beppegrillo.it/english.php (I've just started reading it since I read the NY'er article a couple of weeks ago...)

I don't look at 40 blogs a day or even a month. But they are there in my tool bar if I feel like exploring.
0 Replies