Alumni Newsletter Updates

Linkat

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2005 11:51 am
I receive a quarterly newsletter/magazine thingy from my previous colleges. In these reports are always class updates. Alumni can write in about their most recent accomplishments, marriages, kids, etc. Supposedly, these notes are to keep one updated own their classmates. I really think it is for those that want to say, "Nah, nah, I'm doing better than you! Look I was promoted to King for a day!"

I am thinking of adding my own accomplishment. What do you think would really impress my classmates? I don't mind embellishing a bit.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 515 • Replies: 13
No top replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2005 11:54 am
Tell them you were promoted to manager at the fast food joint and get to wear the blue paper hat.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2005 12:37 pm
I knew you would come up with a great one Gus. I think that would impress the h*ll out of them.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2005 07:46 pm
Tell them you missed the last reunion because you were hiking in Tibet.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2005 07:47 pm
you could always tell 'em you are the All-Being of Time, Space and Dimension.
(would be tough to top...)
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 10:16 am
Yeah those are good ideas. But I do have one that could be actually true and proved - just for those that may try to prove me wrong.

My husband owns a business - currently it is doing nothing as we kept the company only to help keep payment of taxes lower when my husband does contract work. I am currently the treasurer (title only - no pay). I will demand my husband give me a huge promotion or no sex.

What should my new title be - that we definately cause envy of my former classmates, while still being a realistic title? And how should I describe this promotion?
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 10:20 am
you are technically chief finacial officer
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 10:32 am
Funny thing djjd is that I typically prepare monthly reports for CFO/CEOs within my company.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 11:57 am
You have realized the superiority of the White Race and have started your very own local Nazi cell.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 12:00 pm
Over time, you trained yourself to become the world's greatest breakdancer.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 12:06 pm
Quote:

I will demand my husband give me a huge promotion or no sex.

Your own suggestion,which is high class prostitute,should impress them I should have thought.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 12:09 pm
Yes, a high class prostitute. Then, you can suggest that there are openings in your firm. Since you ARE the CFO, you are able to any qualified classmate a superb benefit package, if they want to join your company! Laughing
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 01:34 pm
Interesting gargamelÂ…that might just work.

I do like your thinking Phoenix.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 01:34 pm
Spendius - I prefer the term call girl.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Alumni Newsletter Updates
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/07/2024 at 09:08:33