How does your silly show?

George

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2005 10:06 am
...now look what you've done...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2005 10:13 am
My silliness shows lots of ways, probably most persuasively by suddenly starting to dance to weird 80's music that's in my head. (Sheila E's "Glamorous Life" this morning.) Sozlet's used to it, she just joins in.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2005 07:52 pm
I talk baby-talk to my cats. And my dog.

(With the fish, however, I am strictly no-nonsense.)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2005 08:20 pm
I am at least half silly and cover that with my other half, ms-sincere, which is my childhood inculcation come back to haunt y'all. Silly wins when I am most uncomfortable in stultish occasions and blurt out nonpolished observations, or when I am around like minds who also feel silly.

I suppose I need to confess all this, where are my black socks..

Well, yeah. I have a lot of black socks, but they've been bought at different times. I have to take them out on the porch to sort the near infinite differences in warp weft and woove. Soon I'm going back to gambolling sheep on a field of turquoise.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2005 08:33 pm
I'm only silly with the right crowd, and a few glasses of
redwine. Otherwise I'm dead serious!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2005 08:37 pm
I'm like Jane. I am serious to the core.

Even the right crowd and red wine won't cause me to lapse.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2005 08:45 pm
Well, you're just a pro, gustav.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2005 08:51 pm
I am undergoing disbelief.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2005 10:35 pm
Hey all, thanks for posting! I guess my internal silliness level correlates with my superficial silliness displays.

The play tonight was super silly. And, BOY, did I need it!
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2005 06:40 am
Eva wrote:
I talk baby-talk to my cats. And my dog.

(With the fish, however, I am strictly no-nonsense.)

this might go in the what made you smile today thread

although technically it made me laugh out loud
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2005 09:46 am
littlek wrote:
The play tonight was super silly. And, BOY, did I need it!

For the last time, stop calling me "BOY."
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2005 09:30 pm
Oh come on, boy, you know you like it.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2005 10:34 pm
I am completely retarded with my daughter and my mother.

My teenaged daughter does this retarded thing as we travel that requires punching me in the arm when she sees a volkswagon, and screaming "Punchbuggy red," or whatever color the car may be. This has been going on for years, straight through the era of the popular volkswagon resurgence. It is now high camp between us.

Clear eyed huntress that she is, she always spots the damn things first. We were shocked beyond comprehension, both of us, when I, for the first time, screamed "PUNCHBUGGY SILVER!!!!" in a wacky, psychotically loud and inhuman voice and knocked the **** out of her last Tuesday. (We still talk about it.) I was so shocked I'd actually seen it before her, I nearly ran off the road. (I'm laughing again.)

We were late for class because we were laughing so hard, I could neither see, talk, nor drive. My mascara was blinding me. I know I laughed in a wheezy, guffaw-y, surreal, Heimlich-beckoning eruption for 10 minutes. The last few minutes were like a Twilight Zone episode. I began squeezing in apologies between bursts of renewed retardation. I couldn't have stopped to save my life. My daughter blogged it.

The classic slow motion bewilderment that spread across her face as I blurted, "Punchbuggy!!!" and as she, in abject mortification, clamped a protective hand over her punched shoulder, was the funniest thing I'd ever seen. She has the most fabulously expressive face. Her little expressions are constantly cracking me up.

We cut up famously in the office, as well.

I am quite silly.

I imagine I prefer it to the alternative for myself, though I do admire reserved people.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 10/01/2024 at 05:23:25