Microsoft Powerpoint

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 01:20 pm
I have to do a PowerPoint presentation for a final grade...

I thought, I bought PowerPoint today, but come to find out I bought a tuturial...HA, I need the real deal...and restricted by time at the moment, not to count, it takes 30-45 minutes to get back to town....

In the meantime....

Does anyone know where I can find a Trial PowerPoint program, if its enough to get me through the next few days to use as my final grade, that will work for me, till I can take back the program I bought today.

Thanks............
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,561 • Replies: 30
No top replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 01:48 pm
Re: Microsoft Powerpoint
makemeshiver33 wrote:
I have to do a PowerPoint presentation for a final grade...

I thought, I bought PowerPoint today, but come to find out I bought a tuturial...HA, I need the real deal...and restricted by time at the moment, not to count, it takes 30-45 minutes to get back to town....

In the meantime....

Does anyone know where I can find a Trial PowerPoint program, if its enough to get me through the next few days to use as my final grade, that will work for me, till I can take back the program I bought today.

Thanks............

You may want to get in the car and make that ½ hour trip. There is an evaluation program, but it is available on CD and is sent by post. Unless you have a friend closeby that has a computer with the required software, you may be out of luck.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 01:55 pm
Thanks Intrepid...

Thats what I was afraid of.........having to make that trip back to town....

I was afraid of that ...when I bought it, it had all the programs listed in big letters....then in small ones it read..."Over 40 program tutorial set"....

So..I took it to mean that the programs that I wanted were in the box, plus a tutorial.......
Should've known it was too good to be true.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 01:58 pm
do you have broad band internet?
you can create a powerpoint with openoffice
a knockoff of windows office
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 01:59 pm
you can download it for free and it works nearly like the office programs do
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 02:21 pm
Broadband internet? uggghh, well, don't know...do I? lol

I'm dial up..if that helps? (feels real stuuuupid right now)

I found Microsoft Power Producer, its sopposed to be similiar to PowerPoint, started downloading it a few minutes ago.....

I just don't want to go back to TOWN!!! It takes 2 hours to run to Wal-Mart!
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 02:27 pm
makemeshiver33 wrote:
Broadband internet? uggghh, well, don't know...do I? lol

I'm dial up..if that helps? (feels real stuuuupid right now)

I found Microsoft Power Producer, its sopposed to be similiar to PowerPoint, started downloading it a few minutes ago.....

I just don't want to go back to TOWN!!! It takes 2 hours to run to Wal-Mart!

Producer is just a companion program to Powerpoint. You must have Powerpoint to use it. Also, it take over 2gb of disk space. No point in trying to download ANY program with dial-up.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 02:35 pm
LOL, thats what I figured....I stopped it...before it got truely started.

Can I cuss now? LOL
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 02:58 pm
well I don't know how to help you much with dial up
other than making it for you and today that is not going to be possible really
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 02:59 pm
when is it due?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 03:10 pm
Don't be too shocked when you see the price of the program compared to the price of the tutorial! Shocked
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 04:11 pm
Husker...my assignment is due Sun/Midnight....

I have to do a 25-27 slide presentation that flows with my ethics assignment....which is an autobiography of my hometown...the two..go together, but turned in seperately for seperate grades.

I have PowerBullet, but its a copycat and its a pain in my ass. For some reason, I can't seem to get the words that I line up on the slide, to stay put...about the time, they arrive, they swirl off the page before you have a chance to read them. I have went through all the help topics, and have checked everything off, to have no effects on the page. BUt it won't stop...(GRR)

And I have PowerDirector...which I love. But...when you send it to the Media Viewer, it comes up too small, and when enlarged, its fuzzy. (GRRR)

(Nothing like waiting till the last minute)

Intrepid:...Ya, I have looked at some of those prices, on the net. I need to go to Office Depot and see about finding it there. I have scoured my lil town over looking for someone that has it on their computer, but to no avail....NONE to be had.

~~~~> Shaking head...Can't believe I bought a tuturial...lol
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 04:20 pm
you need to find someone with dsl or cable internet and download openoffice for free
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 07:03 pm
If you do buy Microsoft Office.... You qualify for the Student/Teacher edition which is much cheaper.
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 08:17 pm
Just a wild thought. Sometimes OpenOffice is included on the cd that comes with some of the computer magazines available at either the computer store or your newsagent that might help.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2005 05:17 am
Hummm....Goodfielder, may have to look into that.

Think I'm just going to make the trip back to town today, might as well.........lol

Thanks ya'll..........
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 06:17 pm
makemeshiver33,

How did you make out with this?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 06:29 pm
Damn. Me, too, MMS. I thought PowerPoint came with XP (not based on anything, really...)

But, NOOOOO.

MMS-- Do you know how much it's going to cost?

They're free on campus--plugged in all the computers...but I need to be able to do presentations at home.

Blah. Mo money, mo money...
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 07:56 pm
Well..........I hate to even admit it, but I ended up not handing in my final assignment in that class.

I KNOW!...I KNOW...!!! Ohhhh TRUST ME, I KNOW.......WAHHHHHHHH!!!!!

I worked so hard to keep a high A in class...but after not finding anyone with PowerPoint and not able to find PowerPoint...

And with Dial up...it was a 12 hour download for a free trial version...(yadda yadda yadda)

And...can't afford what they have online...

I done the math...even with me not handing in my final assignment, I will still end up with a low B, in that class...

So, I'll suffer through on this one...........
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 08:04 pm
Bummer. I hope you allow yourself mor time for the next assignment.
0 Replies