Can't get my head out of the clouds

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 08:11 am
I think I have finally figured out what has been bothering me so much lately... I can't get my head out of the clouds.. I can't stop living in a dream world!

I can't believe it took me this long to realize it.... Now how do I snap out of it?? Can anyone else relate to me?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,331 • Replies: 23
No top replies

Eva

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 09:04 am
Oh yes.

Here's how you snap out of it.

You open your eyes and take a good look around. The real world is itself full of wonders and surprises, just waiting to be noticed.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 09:07 am
Its amazing, your posts always strike a chord in me even before I know who posts them!!

Yes I have my head in the clouds.
I know i need to get a proper job with a good income so I can move out and live my own life.I will do it one day but not right now.Plus I have no confidence or brain cells to get a proper job.
My cloudy head comes in the form of wanting to enjoy at least on aspect of my life and that is persuing my craft ideas which I can do while Im at my current job.

Dream Worlds are great, reality sucks.

What does your cloudy head consist of?
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 09:10 am
Eva wrote:
Oh yes.

Here's how you snap out of it.

You open your eyes and take a good look around. The real world is itself full of wonders and surprises, just waiting to be noticed.

I think I will do that.. I want to travel.. I want to see as much as I can... I feel refreshed right now
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 09:12 am
material girl wrote:
Its amazing, your posts always strike a chord in me even before I know who posts them!!

Laughing

Quote:
Dream Worlds are great, reality sucks.

Yes I agree... Reality does tend to sucks.. but sometimes dreams turn into nightmares

Quote:
What does your cloudy head consist of?

Love... I am a hopless romantic and it is all I dream about... love that amazing feeling... I want to experience it like I did before.. I want to feel alive
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 09:36 am
Are you an infatuation junkie?
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 09:37 am
No, just a dreamer
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 09:40 am
Go clean a cat box. Reality, baby! Reality!
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 09:44 am
Crazielady420 wrote:

Love... I am a hopless romantic and it is all I dream about... love that amazing feeling... I want to experience it like I did before.. I want to feel alive

Your so lucky, dont knock it,even the people in my fantasies dont want to have sex with me!!

Reality id what we od all the time, while we are at work, travelling to work, going to the shops, feeding the kids, it doesnt hurt to think a bit cloudilly every now and again.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 09:45 am
DrewDad wrote:
Go clean a cat box. Reality, baby! Reality!

yummy... but I don't have a cat anymore
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 09:50 am
You'll have lots more opportunities to feel the rush of new love, don't worry. We can't make it happen when we want, but we can't stop it from happening, either. Sometimes we wish we could.

The thing is, it's a drug-induced state. Natural, but still not normal. It increases our heartrate, blood pressure, causes extreme feelings of euphoria and heartbreak. Physically, our bodies cannot handle this all the time. That's why it only lasts for a few months or a couple of years at best. If we kept it up, it would kill us.

There are other dreams to follow, though. Bliss can be found in so many ways. The perfect chord. The feel of silk on your skin. The touch of a child. The first breath of autumn. Rose petals in a bath. Good chocolate. The list is endless.
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 09:52 am
Oxytocin.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 10:00 am
Eva wrote:
You'll have lots more opportunities to feel the rush of new love, don't worry. We can't make it happen when we want, but we can't stop it from happening, either. Sometimes we wish we could.

The thing is, it's a drug-induced state. Natural, but still not normal. It increases our heartrate, blood pressure, causes extreme feelings of euphoria and heartbreak. Physically, our bodies cannot handle this all the time. That's why it only lasts for a few months or a couple of years at best. If we kept it up, it would kill us.

There are other dreams to follow, though. Bliss can be found in so many ways. The perfect chord. The feel of silk on your skin. The touch of a child. The first breath of autumn. Rose petals in a bath. Good chocolate. The list is endless.

Yea I know, I am still young and have plenty of time, but I am sure you all remember yearning for love... dreaming about it... it seems to be all I do... I don't know what else will make me feel happy... there is something missing... blah

All the other dreams you mentioned sound incredible but they don't seem to please me... I don't know... I know I will grow out of it..but I am just not sure when
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 10:11 am
You will grow out of it when you tire of being hurt by love.

Then you will begin to look for happiness in other places.

Love is wonderful when it works. But it doesn't always work. You are young, but I suspect you already know this.

Yearning for love is hoping for someone else to make you happy. As you grow, you will learn that real happiness doesn't often come from other people. It mostly comes from inside ourselves.

So, open your eyes. Look around. There are so many things to do, so many people who need what you can give. Lose yourself in living.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 10:23 am
Eva wrote:
You will grow out of it when you tire of being hurt by love.

Then you will begin to look for happiness in other places.

Love is wonderful when it works. But it doesn't always work. You are young, but I suspect you already know this.

Yearning for love is hoping for someone else to make you happy. As you grow, you will learn that real happiness doesn't often come from other people. It mostly comes from inside ourselves.

So, open your eyes. Look around. There are so many things to do, so many people who need what you can give. Lose yourself in living.

I like the way you are thinking... I think it is time to stop waiting and start living...
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 10:32 am
No time like the present!

It is when you lose yourself in something that you begin to find yourself.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 10:38 am
nothing much to add, eva seems to have a good handle on the situation

i tend to notice that people throw the word love (and friend) around alittle to liberaly these days

love is a little like a lost set of keys, it's likely to be in the last place you might of thought to look for it
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 11:24 am
well, I guess I could do a post, but I won't.

You wouldn't agree with what I've observed over the last few months and have to say so....
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 11:47 am
>ehh.. never mind<
i was going to attempt to be a wierd voice of reason

but my chocolate is melting..
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 11:57 am
You will never grow out of it if you don't quit waiting for someone else to make you happy.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Can't get my head out of the clouds
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 04:29:58