0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2003 12:43 pm
i dig the mama's and the papa's
and the hip sunset strip in L.A.
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2003 01:26 pm
Good old rock and roll, the real stuff. From AC/DC via Led Zep and onto ZZ Top. Before we could have rock and roll we had The Blues and people like Willie Dixon, Muddy Waters, Robert Johnson
& my favorite John Lee Hooker. In the 60s a lot of Brit bands were playing the Blues. If you've heard the Stones Doing "Little Red Rooster", then check out Willie Dixon's version. The Animals did John Lee Hooker's songs "Dimples" & "Boom, Boom". I like too listen to the originals and see how they compare to the revivals. the changes and the new arrangements.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2003 01:37 pm
There are even days that I crave the sound of a good old-fashioned power ballad.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2003 01:49 pm
any common philippic desultry
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2003 02:38 pm
I love rock, from Fats Dominoe's "The Fat Man" all the way into the mid seventies. Then we essentially part ways.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2003 02:44 pm
I love rock from motown to metal
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2003 02:50 pm
Outside of my obvious love for my family, music is the only thing in this world that makes me happy, and rock music of all types does it for me. Not pop music, rock music. Big difference.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2003 02:59 pm
Different people mean different things by the term "rock music"

Shaun, what kind of rock music do you mean in your question?

I think, and I may be wrong, that rock 'n roll is not usually thought of as "rock music", not now.
0 Replies

shaun88

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 04:44 am
McTag wrote:
Different people mean different things by the term "rock music"

Shaun, what kind of rock music do you mean in your question?

I think, and I may be wrong, that rock 'n roll is not usually thought of as "rock music", not now.

i mean like mettalica,kiss,alace cooper
stuff like that
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 06:46 am
I like the old stuff I use to listen too when I was younger, but don't get into it much anymore. My son like's the same classic rock I use to listen too as well and I like the memories I have when I hear his music. A list of some are AC/DC, Led Zepplin, ZZ Top, Van Halen, Bob Segar, Lynard Skynard, Bon jovi, Alice Cooper, etc....
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 06:47 am
Oh, Kiss was one of them too. They were one of my first favorites.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 07:48 am
My favorite rock music is heard in the Korteliotis Gorge on Crete.
Whene the wind blows through the rough hewn gorge it is transposed to the sounds of an huge auditorium full of people clapping their hands. All because of this dynamic rock there in this location.

Truely really live rock music.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2003 03:21 pm
I forgot Aerosmith and Ozzy.
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 09:28 am
Mettalica is damn good, but I prefer a lot of newer bands like System of a Down, Zebrahead, Queens of the Stone Age, Disturbed, Red Hot Chili Peppers and suchlike.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 09:49 am
Eeewww. I cannot stand System of a Down. It sounds like a soundtrack from a bad cult movie.

But I typically enjoy music of all genres, but most hip-hop I cannot stand outside of Eminem. I find him almost hilarious.

Can you explain someone that over the years has loved, and still loves, AC/DC, Aerosmith, The Who, The Doors, Elvis Costello, The B-52's, Van Halen, Nirvana, Blink 182, Linkin Park....and so it goes.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 09:56 am
One of my local favorites - he was actually in the movie "Rockstar" he became the new rockstar towards the end of the movie.
http://home.attbi.com/~nutsforhuskers/assets/images/kidrock640.jpg
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 10:04 am
Not a bad list youse got there Cjhsa.
Still, I have to suspect you're secretly a closet System of a Down fan in serious denial. Wink
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 10:09 am
Man...so general, so hard to define....I like all sorts of music, including 'rock' of many styles, including the 'post-rock' of my old high-school friends' band Godspeed You Black Emperor. Wife had never heard them before and we snagged tickets to see them live last week, and they blew us away. Wife said it is almost 'modern classical' and different from anything she has heard. For me, 'Post-Apocolyptic Classical' seems more appropriate.
0 Replies