The Winner Is... Fake Dog Testicle Creator

Reyn

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 04:39 pm
The Winner Is... Fake Dog Testicle Creator

Oct 6, 9:40 PM (ET)
By MICHAEL KUNZELMAN

BOSTON (AP) - Gregg Miller mortgaged his home and maxed out his credit cards to mass produce his invention - prosthetic testicles for neutered dogs.

What started 10 years ago with an experiment on an unwitting Rottweiler named Max has turned into a thriving mail-order business. And on Thursday night Miller's efforts earned him a dubious yet strangely coveted honor: the Ig Nobel Prize for medicine.

"Considering my parents thought I was an idiot when I was a kid, this is a great honor," he said. "I wish they were alive to see it."

The Ig Nobels, given at Harvard University by Annals of Improbable Research magazine, celebrate the humorous, creative and odd side of science.

Miller has sold more than 150,000 of his Neuticles, more than doubling his $500,000 investment. The silicone implants come in different sizes, shapes, weights and degrees of firmness......

Complete story here.[/color]
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 329 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 05:53 pm
BumbleBeeBoogie has a thread on all the Ig-Noble prizes. Don't have the link handy.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 08:30 pm
Yup, saw it, but she didn't have this story.....the real newsmaker! :wink:
0 Replies

Bob Lablob

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 09:08 pm
Dammit...there goes my patent application...

Gin! Hurry!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » The Winner Is... Fake Dog Testicle Creator
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 06:28:44