Cops handle kids' fist fight over pacifier

Reyn

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 03:50 pm
I bet you thought I made this up. Check the source. Laughing

What the heck would a 6 year old kid be doing with a pacifier anyway? Isn't that a bit old?

Cops handle kids' fist fight over pacifier
at 16:15 on October 6, 2005, EST.

PAWTUCKET, R.I. (AP) - Normally, a fight between two children over a pacifier might be resolved by their mothers. But in Pawtucket, the police had to step in. It all started Monday afternoon, when a 6-year-old boy dropped a pacifier.

Another 6-year-old boy picked it up and refused to give it back, allegedly prompting the first child to deliver a punch. Police said the boy with the pacifier then punched back.

Pawtucket Police Detective Donti Rosciti said one of the mothers called police, saying she wanted the fist fight documented because her son had three minor scratches on his face, and she didn't want his school accusing her of abuse.

A patrolman wrote up a report, then went to the home of the other child to speak with his parents, Rosciti said. He called the case very unusual.

"I've never seen a report with two kids this young," he said.

Rosciti said that as far as police are concerned, the matter is over.

"A 6-year-old can't be held criminally responsible," he said.

Source[/color]
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 245 • Replies: 3
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 04:41 pm
They didn't taser and cuff them?? The story is nothing but a tease.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 04:59 pm
Re: Cops handle kids' fist fight over pacifier
Reyn wrote:

Pawtucket Police Detective Donti Rosciti said one of the mothers called police, saying she wanted the fist fight documented because her son had three minor scratches on his face, and she didn't want his school accusing her of abuse.

This is interesting, increasingly parenthood is becoming problematic.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 05:31 pm
haha, What will kids be fighting over next? Warm bottle of formula?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Cops handle kids' fist fight over pacifier
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 06:32:20