Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,535 • Replies: 22
No top replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2003 03:34 pm
i would love to comment but i would be banned from A2K for what i think of this.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2003 03:36 pm
I'm betting that the embedded reporter couldn't cajole the padre into a No Strings Dip for the Fourth Estate.

I've heard of Rice Christians, but.....

Cleanliness is next to godliness.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2003 06:15 pm
I'm with Dyslexia!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2003 06:53 pm
That's horrible. Who is letting this happen?? GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2003 07:13 pm
Good grief how much worser can this war get.
0 Replies

larry richette

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2003 08:53 pm
What else would you expect from a war led by a President who says Billy Graham helped him to stop drinking by reading the Gospel with him? Who has an Attorney General who is a born-again Christer, who draped a statue of a naked woman in the Justice Department lobby to cover its bare breasts? This war is an obscenity, like everything Bush and Co. does.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2003 11:57 pm
Did The Miami Herald accidently publish an Onion story?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2003 10:51 am
From this morning's Molly Ivins column. She credits the Austrailian Broadcasting Company.

"...U.S. soldiers in Iraq are being asked to pray for President George W. Bush. Thousands of Mariens have been given a pamphlet, put out by In Touch Ministries, called "A Christian's Duty". It is a mini prayer book that includes a tear-out card to be mailed to the White House pledging that the soldier who sends it has been praying for Bush.

"" I have committed to pray for you,your family, your staff and our troops druing this time of uncertainty and tumult," says the card. "May God's peace be your guide.""
0 Replies

Italgato

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 10:41 am
That is why, Larry Richette, that we, as thinking people, should become united in stamping out the cancer of religious fundamentalism.

Scientists have proved long ago that there is no real empirical proof for the superstitions of religion.

I would hope that President Bush, Cheney and Ashcroft would be soundly defeated in November 2004, however, the situation looks glum at this time since the media controlled from the White House says that Bush has a 75% job-approval rating.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 11:18 am
Oh dear God, preserve us from this folly.
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 12:16 pm
So the Bible Belt is now playing hardball on the road.
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 12:54 pm
Well, such a way of recruiting new Christians seems to be somewhat weird (and I am not sure that the Churches' higher authorities would approve it), by all means it is much more humane and harmless than the way the Muslims impose their religion on "infidels"...
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 12:58 pm
I am happy that I had not just eaten, or I might have thrown up!
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 01:03 pm
''You have to be aggressive to help people find themselves in God''. (Well, that's what both Bush and the Muslim fundamentalist are doing).

''This means we are called upon by our government to fight and that is giving unto Caesar, as the Bible tells us'' (Well, at least the preacher recognizes Bush is the new Imperial Caesar).

And a question. Who in Heavens provided "a 500-gallon pool of pristine, cool water" as property ("It belongs to") of Army chaplain Josh Llano? Wasn't it meant for all the soldiers, regardless of their religious beliefs?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 01:30 pm
Quote:
And a question. Who in Heavens provided "a 500-gallon pool of pristine, cool water" as property ("It belongs to") of Army chaplain Josh Llano? Wasn't it meant for all the soldiers, regardless of their religious beliefs?

I just hope that somebody reports this person to the powers-that-be. I think that the whole thing is disgusting. If the pool is army property, and meant for ALL the troops, I hope that the joker gets thrown in the brig!
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 02:53 pm
I am betting that, at the beginning, one or two (of the first) soldiers who wished to take a bath may have gone through some quasi-baptism ritual, however c'mon people ... these are soldiers, people who are Americans and who are not easily intimidated by bible bashers. They are NOT sitting down for bible studies for a couple of hours before being allowed into a pool! After a couple of bodies messed up that nice 'pristine' water, I am sure the others just jumped on in, by-passing Mr. Religious-Nut with a guffaw and a wave of the hand! I am sure this is a story that has been totally embellished and blown out of proportion.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 03:17 pm
This fool does not know what kind of fire he is playing with He is in the middle of a moselm country and very near it's core area. The radicals in the muslim community have been proclaiming all along that this war is nothing more than another Christian Crusade and this guy is offering them proof. I can not understand why the army has not shut this down. If the radical clerics find out about this there will be an uproar And it will be just the kind of uproar that bin Laden and his gang thrive on.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 04:52 pm
Hello? These guys and gals are no longer children, and they can decide for themselves whether they want to get a wash or not. c.i.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 04:57 pm
c.i.- I disagree. If we had been without a bath for maybe weeks, and were hot and dirty, I think that our ability to make a "choice" would be somewhat compromised. That wasn't a choice- That was coercion. Shame on that chaplain!
0 Replies