Eva's Personal Indulgence Day

Eva

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 05:02 pm
As a matter of fact, Osso, I do have a small collection of handpainted Italian pottery. The platter will fit with my other pieces perfectly. I may actually have to buy it. Thanks for the site reference!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 06:23 pm
That one is pretty expensive - I felt free using virtual dollars..
I have a thick expensive plate I broke down and bought in Faenza, a ceramics town, that is one of my treasures, and a bunch of not expensive platters and such from a kitchen store in Florence. They're of a much lesser quality, but I love them too. Haven't found them online, which is just as well, I might be tempted to get more of those. The store was Bartolini's or Bartolino's on via dei Servi. Heh.

http://www.dinobartolini.it/

A friend gave me a couple of Deruta cups. Again, expensive, I've seen them in a catalog... but boy are they sturdy, they floor bounce quite well.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 06:50 pm
I have some good news and some bad news: the good news is that I have been working very hard on a geneology project, tracing the lives and relations of everyone I've ever known and here's what I found out about Eva.

Her mother wanted her out of the house as early as possible so she forged a fake birth certificate and put Little Eva (I can't believe no one had called you that here.) in kindergarten a full two years early. If you check the records there at the Committee for the Public Schools - Pigseye, Oklahoma, you will see the crossed out dates and signatures.

Eva was a very mature three years old.
So, in actuality, Eva is forty-nine years old this year.

That's the good news.

The bad news is now we have to go through the god-i'm-going-to-be-fifty crap all over again.

Joe(I have the documents)Nation

hap burpdey.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 07:19 pm
Whoa, Osso! I looked up the site to get details on that platter, and it's over $700!!! I really owe you a big thank you! How generous you are!!!

(They do have some smaller pieces that I have my eye on, though. Will check out your other link as well.)
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 07:27 pm
<gustav walks by and leaves a gift at the door for Eva>

http://buy.overstock.com/images/products/L911512.jpg
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 07:29 pm
Well, shoot, if Eva had mentioned her birthday in the title, I'd have been here sooner! I'm sorry I missed it, but happy belated birthday, Eva!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 08:03 pm
Is that a vintage toy, Gus? It must have cost you a fortune!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 08:10 pm
Eva wrote:

Nah, that was something I used to ride around on when I was a kid. I pulled it out of the scrap heap and cleaned it up a bit.

After I had cleaned it up an antigues dealer who was driving by offered me five thousand dollars for it, but I said, "No, I'm gonna give it to Eva. It's her birthday. Do you have any french fried taters?"
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 08:14 pm
Dearest Joe --

I admire your efforts at genealogy, but it appears that a few of your notes must have gotten mixed up.

It was my Aunt Eva, from whom I took my screen name, that was THE "Little Eva" from Pigseye. The 6:15 train to Turkey, Texas that rolled by her house every evening, shaking the rafters and causing everyone to stumble, led quite naturally to a career in Rock 'n' Roll and inspired several of her now legendary songs including "The Loco-Motion" and "Let's Turkey Trot."

Also, it wasn't Mommy who forged that birth certificate. It was my publicist. He thought it might come in handy some day. And see, he was right! Next year, I get to have a 50th Birthday Party all over again!!! (Besides, nobody would believe someone as youthful acting...I mean, looking...as myself could possibly be over 50. Right?)
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 08:16 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Eva wrote:

Nah, that was something I used to ride around on when I was a kid. I pulled it out of the scrap heap and cleaned it up a bit.

After I had cleaned it up an antigues dealer who was driving by offered me five thousand dollars for it, but I said, "No, I'm gonna give it to Eva. It's her birthday. Do you have any french fried taters?"

Good Lord, Gus! You passed up $5,000 just for lil' ol' me? Just think of what that money could have done if you'd spent it on your cabin in the swamp!
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 09:40 pm
Thank's Eva, looks like we both had a great birthday.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 10:17 pm
Colorbook remarked:

Quote:
Thank's Eva, looks like we both had a great birthday.

Great women deserve great birthdays (three day celebrations for women over fifty).
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2005 04:27 pm
ossobuco wrote:

Ellpus's tarzanogram reminds me of a card artist I like..

Her name is Beryl Cook, Osso......one of my favourite artists.

An Original of hers is highly collectable over here.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 08:18:07