Credit Score/Report Questions

RfromP

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2005 12:48 pm
I was wondering if any one knows or can direct me to where I can find definitive answers to some credit score/report questions.

Background:

In the past I had made some foolish decisions which resulted in very unattractive credit worthiness. Over the years I've been slowly but surely doing what I can to repair my damaged credit. I have finally been able to undo the damage and have no derogatory information, late payments or adverse accounts on any of my credit reports. My credit score however is lower than is should be due to credit card balances too high in proportion to credit limits, which as long as I use credit sparingly and pay down the balances, is fixable.

My two year plan includes being a home owner; by the end of 2007 I'd like to be in my own house. I'm tired of paying monthly rent and having nothing to show for it, although I get somewhere to live in exchange for the rent, by paying rent I'm investing in someone else's financial security, rather than my own. Know what I mean?

I was wondering a couple of things:

Can potential lenders see a history of credit scores? Although I have a good score now, can creditors look at my credit score from 2000? 1997? 1994? etc.

My next question was if creditors can see credit score history would they use it to determine credit worthiness but it makes sense that if they could, they would.

If anyone can be of help I'd be much obliged for your input. Thanks in advance.

By the way if there's anyone who doesn't know already, under the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act (FACT Act) consumers can request and obtain a free credit report once every 12 months from each of the three nationwide consumer credit reporting companies. However, if you want your credit score there is a fee ranging from $5 - $7.

Annual Credit Report.com
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 658 • Replies: 0
No top replies