Obscure musical trivia--a thread for the music snobs

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2005 08:23 pm
This thread is in honor of my music snob friend, who shall remain nameless. He was always throwing out bits of trivia that nobody else would know, nor care about, like for instance, the name of the producer on the first Foreigner album (Gary Lyons), or who played drums for Asia (Carl Palmer), and the group he originally played in (Emerson, Lake and Palmer). So, in honor of that good friend of mine, here's a toast...a toast to obscurity!

And to start things off...

Little-known fact...Bootsy Collins, of Parliament Funkadelic fame, was a member of the Pacemakers, who were James Brown's backing band in the late 60s...I think up until '71 or '72.

Okay, any of you who have some trivial crap to share, bring it on!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,002 • Replies: 2
No top replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2005 08:35 pm
Here's another one. What do Bad Company, Foreigner, and Emerson, Lake, And Palmer have in common?

King Crimson. All of these bands have or have had members that were in King Crimson at one time.

But of course, EVERYONE has been a member of King Crimson at one time or another.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 06:45 am
Okay, here's some obscure trivia. In the 60s and in the 70s, a song charted (these are 2 different songs) after the artist died (these are 2 different artists).

They're Dobie Gray ("Dock of the Bay") and Jim Croce ("Time in a Bottle").
0 Replies