How exactly does the S.I.N card work?

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2005 09:12 pm
For example, when you want to apply for a credit card and if you give them your S.I.N #, what information do they have access to?
Any kind of information on this topic would be great, thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 870 • Replies: 6
No top replies

ebrown p

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2005 09:32 pm
I think you are talking about the "SSN#' althougn SIN is not a bad name for the things.

I found this SSN FAQ
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2005 09:51 pm
Hmm, thanks ebrown!

I'm from Canada....I think they are called Social Insurence Numbers.....But now i'm questioning myself on that one...lol
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2005 10:12 pm
In the US, the SSN gives the credit agencies better access to your credit history. They won't be able to get bank account balances, but can verify that you have the accounts you state on the application. That's a US answer.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2005 12:41 am
Thanks Roger. So does that mean that they can get the account balance of say existing credit cards? Do they have access to your present and past employment aswell then?
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2005 04:58 am
stand up for pessimism wrote:
Hmm, thanks ebrown!

I'm from Canada....I think they are called Social Insurence Numbers.....But now i'm questioning myself on that one...lol

as a fellow canuck, i can assure it is social insurance number, as to what info they can gather i have no idea, i know that the first number on the card can tell them if your a natural born citizen or not
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2005 10:16 am
Hmm interesting......

This card is a very important one for us to have, how come we know little about it?.....
0 Replies