Falun Gong

Reyn

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 04:33 pm
Wikipedia explanation of Falon Gong

Today, I thought I'd read up a little on the practice of Falon Gong. I knew hardly anything about this group.

I had heard /read in the various media about this and wondered why the Chinese government outlaws this practice. What are they so scared of?

It seems to me that the Chinese gov't is one that likes very much to be in control of everything. Perhaps it's because these people tend to be free thinkers.

In the Wikipedia write-up it says that the teachings of Falun Gong forbids political involvement, and practitioners claim to have little interest in power or politics. If this is true, why does this group appear so threatening to the Chinese?

I don't "get it". What's your take on all this?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 655 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 04:43 pm
As you say, Reyn, these people tend to be free-thinkers. They also preach self-reliance which is why they do not get involved in traditional politics. Now, if everybody became self-reliant and eschewed political involvement, what would happen to the government? It would make the Chinese government redundant.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 04:56 pm
There's a fairly big Falun Gong community in my area of Toronto. They're part of what's best about the Canada Day parade.

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/5709/27falungongsign5ff.jpg

I've spent some time talking with a few of my neighbours who are members. They've definitely got my respect.

~~~~~~~~~

My neighbour, Gary, just likes the drummers and dancers.

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/8642/30falungongsmilers1bu.jpg
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 04:59 pm
There's a fairly small community here in Boston. I see members who live in the Mission Hill area of Roxbury from time to time in what I suppose is mediatation.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 05:02 pm
I thought the gong show was canceled years ago:
http://rmc.library.cornell.edu/games/performing/pics/570w/6.jpg
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 05:03 pm
Yes, I would agree on that. It doesn't seem to fit comfortably with communist ideology, does it?

How will it be for the Chinese due to this group being underground now? How is that better? I
can't see how the gov't could wipe this out. Shades of trying to impement 1984!

The only thing I question is how can the group be so sure on their numbers?
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 05:08 pm
I had no idea Beth that it was big in Canada. Well,
at least in your area.
0 Replies

John Jones

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2005 07:08 am
Re: Falun Gong
Reyn wrote:
Wikipedia explanation of Falon Gong

Today, I thought I'd read up a little on the practice of Falon Gong. I knew hardly anything about this group.

I had heard /read in the various media about this and wondered why the Chinese government outlaws this practice. What are they so scared of?

It seems to me that the Chinese gov't is one that likes very much to be in control of everything. Perhaps it's because these people tend to be free thinkers.

In the Wikipedia write-up it says that the teachings of Falun Gong forbids political involvement, and practitioners claim to have little interest in power or politics. If this is true, why does this group appear so threatening to the Chinese?

I don't "get it". What's your take on all this?

What are you talking about? And why is your post stretched half way to China?
Please do it all again and this time say what the issues are.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2005 09:09 am
John Jones wrote:
And why is your post stretched half way to China?

My post, and others, is stretched due to one of the photos posted is over-sized.

No, I'm not doing anything again.
0 Replies

John Jones

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2005 12:50 pm
Reyn wrote:
John Jones wrote:
And why is your post stretched half way to China?

My post, and others, is stretched due to one of the photos posted is over-sized.

No, I'm not doing anything again.

Who are you?
What do you want?
Who is Falun Kong?
What does he want?
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2005 05:06 pm
John Jones wrote:
Who are you?
What do you want?
Who is Falun Kong?
What does he want?

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Falun Gong
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 04:28:22