Another Name on A wall?

Seed

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 07:43 am
So tonight I got a phone call from a friend back home. My friend Jason was killed in action in Iraq yesterday. he was a very good friend of mine. He was caught in an ambush while on a convoy. Apparently as they tried to mount an attack they sent in RPGs and one of them hit the truck he was taking cover behind.

This brings great saddness to my mind and soul, it makes me tired and I feel like I have a weight on my back. We had planned on going together. But he got pulled for one mission and I was pulled for another. We tried to get it changed to where he was coming with me to Iowa, but we couldnt. I feel horrible knowing that he was there with out me, like I said I would be there. To help watch his back, so he could help watch mine. We went to highschool together. I dated his sister. This hits hard for me. Its just so scary. When we found out we were going somewhere (we hadnt been given our assignments as to where we were going at that time) we told each other "We ride together, we die together." He has now given his life for his country, and here I feel like a piece of crap. I know I shouldnt. But put yourself in my shoes, you would feel that way yourself.

Jason was an amazing person. No one out side his circle of friends and family will know his name, he will be just another name upon a memorial wall. No one will know what he did for this country, that he died defending what we all take for granted every day.

No you wont take it for granted while reading this journal, but give it two days and you'll be yelling about how Bush is a retard, and thats your right, and you wont stop for a second and go "You know, it's my freedom to do this, America is swell!" And i dont blame you, i do the same thing.

Thats another reason why I sit with a heavy heart. I take for granted things that I should be thankful for. I don't want to be just another name on some wall that a 5th grade class will go see 20 years down the road on some field trip and ask the teacher 20 times why they have to be there to see it, if it happened in the past...

But you know, I could only count my blessing and hope to be some name on a wall. Jason is, and for that I will always remember him.

America may not be the best place in the world, but because of people like Jason, because of blood spilt and lives lost, its damn better then the alternative.

"We ride together, we die together."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,255 • Replies: 31
No top replies

Letty

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 07:54 am
Seed, It's so good to see you back, honey. It sounds as though your friend Jason is someone that you feel very deeply about, and that is to your credit. No, you don't want to see your name on a wall, Seed, for 5th graders nor anyone else to read.

It's not that our soldiers are there, it's WHY they are there, buddy.

Big hugs, Seed.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 07:58 am
yes i know that is is why, and i might not agree with it, but as soldiers we have to do what we are told you know.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 08:06 am
I realize that, dear. Well, we won't get off on a political issue about Iraq. It's just good to know that you are okay.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 08:15 am
sounds like a good idea.

and im glad im safe too
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 08:17 am
Seed....I'm very sorry about your loss. I'm sure Jason was a great person. I can't even relate to losing a best friend. Hang in there, buddy.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 08:17 am
Sorry to hear about your friend, seed. Good to hear from you, though. Stay strong buddy.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 08:23 am
I'm really sorry about your friend, Seed. Really and truly.
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 08:50 am
Sorry for your loss seed. Take care of yourself please
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 08:57 am
Thanks for telling us about this, Seed. It is indeed hard to keep in mind how every single person who has died was as important to someone as Jason was to you -- and I think it's vital that we're reminded of that now and then. Sad but necessary.

Take care.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 04:33 pm
Seed--

Please accept my sympathy. Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 05:15 pm
I am sorry, Seed.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 05:29 pm
seed, thank you for telling us about Jason.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 05:32 pm
Seed,
My deepest sympathy on the loss of your friend.
Hang in there.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 05:33 pm
Not making a comparison but I lost a good friend in Viet Nam. I feel for you.
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 05:34 pm
my deepest sympathy for your loss...it is very sad to hear that Sad
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 05:37 pm
I'm so sorry, Seed. I hope you have someone close who can give you some moral support. Please reach out to them.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 07:15 pm
Thank you for sharing your grief with us, Seed. It is an intensely personal feeling, and we are honored to hear it.

Do you know the family? Could all of you be of comfort to each other at this time?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 07:24 pm
seed, I'm sorr. I don't think there's much to add to what the others have said, here.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 08:19 pm
thank you all. i do have friends that are there for me. i do know the family but they are back in NC i have called and talk to the mother... talking to her has helped alot, and likewise for her as she said. that you very much. so much love here i <3 you guys
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Another Name on A wall?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 02:45:38