The Cask of Amontillado

panzade

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2005 02:02 am
Good stuff y'all. That story gave me the willies back in junior high.
0 Replies

moi 33

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2005 02:16 pm
cask of amontillado questions + answers please!
hey.. this is directed towards anyone who can answer these question. i need some help on em! thanks!! Very Happy

* What three parts of the story best reveal the deceitfulness of the story teller?

* why is it important for the know that the events of the story take place at the carnival time?

* how does the author create suspense in the story?

* what contrast do you find in the character of montrassor?explain how he, like many other poe characters, embodies a contrast between the logical capacities of the human mind and it's dark, irrational workings?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2005 02:26 pm
What a great story....one of my favorites right up there with The Fall of the House of Usher and The Tell tale Heart although Hop Frog is pretty good too and so is...oh shoot, I just like them all!

His stories are fairly easy to understand once you get past the language barrier. They are all about revenge and the deep dark parts of human nature. I love it.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2005 03:12 pm
No, no, Moi-33. Do your own homework. We're inetersted in hearing what you think the answers are to those questions.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2005 03:52 pm
Andy is right, Moi-33. You have every bit as much insight as we do. Think for yourself, my friend. You may come up with a different slant on the entire story, and who knows; we may learn from you. Suggestion: read it aloud to yourself.

Bella, "Hop Frog" was a short story of pure and simple revenge, and for the first time, I realized just what that meant.
0 Replies