When will Mandarin become the world's most international lan

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 04:38 pm
English is still commonly spoken world-wide recently, but when will Chinese replaces English to transform to priority language to speak? I personally think this must happen, because English history was developed from Hebrew, a lot of names' origins are Greek, Latin, and Hebrew. Greek look same as Hebrew from the their faces' states of being. And Chinese grammar is quite easy; it's set in very alphabetical order that people won't get confused when speaking it.

In how many decades you think Chinese will take off English to become the world's first language?

And another thing why learning Chinese is so easy is because most of words are originated--even scientific termiology--from a single root to expand to many words. Such as breasts. In Chinese, you just need to know that "zu." And for saying male or female breasts, we jst say "zu fang" or "Tsun Buu." In English, there is classification between male and female chest/breasts. And saying that vital part of breasts, English has to say "nipples," but in Chinese, we just add "Tao"(meaning head or head-like structure behind that Zu (which means breasts). See, speaking Mandarin is such easy that everyone must learn.

And if America is not running English as the prior language in this country, I won't be studying at a community college at now but some greatest universities.

Because I am taking biology, and those terms were typically from gay Hebrew, Greek and Latin. They should not follow those rules.

I also heard French, German, and British are reluctant to speak English, is it that because they think English history is/was/and will be too gay?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,513 • Replies: 54
No top replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 04:43 pm
Keep on taking the pills, old boy.
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 04:47 pm
LOL....oh dear, it will never happen.
0 Replies

ps2huang

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 04:49 pm
KiwiChic wrote:

全世界說最多語言的是中文,雖然英文使用比較普及。
So please get your fact straight.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 05:23 pm
Chinese is gay.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 05:24 pm
Languages as gay or not-gay? Hmmm. Might make for an amusing, if ultimately meaningless, debate. Must say I side with His Lordship on this one...
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 06:29 pm
ps2huang wrote:
KiwiChic wrote:

全世界說最多語言的是中文,雖然英文使用比較普及。
So please get your fact straight.

shall I rephrase this in a way you can understand.....
English will always be the most universal spoken language between Nations- Mandarin is a minority language and will never replace English..
...got it now? :wink:
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 07:50 pm
You reckon someday Mandarin will replace English???...what planet are you on? how can you make a statement that more people are speaking mandarin than English?
...oh realy one just has to laugh! Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

ps2huang

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 07:58 pm
KiwiChic wrote:
You reckon someday Mandarin will replace English???...what planet are you on? how can you make a statement that more people are speaking mandarin than English?
...oh realy one just has to laugh! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Don't laugh, it is occurable. English is being dominant currently because there are many inventions dealt with English. As long as China, Taiwan, Japan come up something that control the metabolism of the world, English is done!!!
Because MicroSoft was invented by American, so English, since '95, became so populart until the very moment. If China invents something that is strongly vital to the world, Mandarin will be the first priority.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 08:01 pm
ps2huang is on to something. It's just unlikely that it will happen in my, or his/her lifetimes.

English hasn't always been the dominant language, and it's unlikely it always will be.
0 Replies

ps2huang

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 08:07 pm
ehBeth wrote:
ps2huang is on to something. It's just unlikely that it will happen in my, or his/her lifetimes.

English hasn't always been the dominant language, and it's unlikely it always will be.

What are you talking about? Are you at my side?
But anyway, a lot of people say that English grammar is quite simple--which for me it's not. I write English with some rules barely-memorized.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 08:11 pm
ps2huang wrote:

Because MicroSoft was invented by American, so English, since '95, became so populart until the very moment. If China invents something that is strongly vital to the world, Mandarin will be the first priority.

English had become the most commonly spoken language in the world long before 1995. 1945 would be closer to the truth, when, following World War II, English-speaking military personnel were deployed in all parts of the world.
0 Replies

ps2huang

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 08:15 pm
Merry Andrew wrote:
ps2huang wrote:

English had become the most commonly spoken language in the world long before 1995. 1945 would be closer to the truth, when, following World War II, English-speaking military personnel were deployed in all parts of the world.

Oh, becuase US, which is the core of speaking English, stopped the WWII, so that English, all in a sudden, bacame the most puplar language?
I really don't think so. If there was no computers, no English of dominace.
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 08:22 pm
....nup wont happen, In some countries English is a second language they wont want to learn yet another language, I cannot see the Commonwealth Countries giving up English as their first language.......
but if by some very slight chance that it does it will be more likely to be Japanese than Manadarin!
0 Replies

ps2huang

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 08:29 pm
KiwiChic wrote:
....nup wont happen, In some countries English is a second language they wont want to learn yet another language, I cannot see the Commonwealth Countries giving up English as their first language.......
but if by some very slight chance that it does it will be more likely to be Japanese than Manadarin!

So you mean Japanese replaces English to be the world's first language/ Well, that's good. Japanese language has some characters relative to Chinese; so if I start to learn Japanese in order to make it fluent from me, maybe it takes about 3 years or more to do so.
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 08:34 pm
hey, knock yourself silly you have plenty of time, say a few centuries Laughing
0 Replies

ps2huang

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 08:39 pm
KiwiChic wrote:
hey, knock yourself silly you have plenty of time, say a few centuries Laughing

Are you biased at me? Even I read some Japanese written magazines, I could still figure out the meanings by its supplying Han partial words.
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 08:47 pm
nup not at all Laughing
if thats what you believe, thats completely up to you...however I disagree
simple as that.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 08:48 pm
Interesting discussion. I am asking why we are not conducting it on a Chinese forum.
0 Replies

ps2huang

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 08:56 pm
roger wrote:
Interesting discussion. I am asking why we are not conducting it on a Chinese forum.

There is no Chinese forum here except here.
Or you can come to PC-home to discuss with me if you want to stick your ass to Taiwanese boards.
0 Replies