http://fool.exler.ru/sm/lam.gif
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2003 07:59 am
Grrrrrrr back! heehee
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2003 01:49 pm
hahahaha!!!! Wilso, you're so handsome when you're in battle ;-)
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2003 02:19 pm
Hey, I planted a bare root rose in my back yard for the first time in my life. When it blossoms, all of you are welcome to come and smell the roses. Wink c.i.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2003 02:24 pm
Cicerone
That's so sweet of you to invite us. I will probably have to take a far away virtual sniff though ;-)
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2003 02:27 pm
The very least I can do is to post photos.... Smile c.i.
0 Replies

frolic

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2003 02:28 pm
pueo wrote:
not making an excuse for the action that happened. it's tragic, no doubt about that. but the military personnel there at the checkpoint were probably just as frightened as the family in the vehicle.

One 'small' difference between that family and the soldiers. The family lived there. they were driving on THEIR road, in THEIR van, in THEIR country!

Would you stop if, tomorrow on you way to work, a roadblock of foreign soldiers urged you to stop?
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2003 03:30 pm
God I love that avatar. It is so true.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2003 04:18 pm
frolic, Different venue, different circumstances. Can't compare apples and oranges just because they are both fruits. c.i.
0 Replies

frolic

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 03:48 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
frolic, Different venue, different circumstances. Can't compare apples and oranges just because they are both fruits. c.i.

The US army puts up road blocks and urges people to stop in ENGLISH. Iraq happens to be an Arabic country, so how hard is it to write those stop signs in a language everybody in Iraq understands.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 04:17 am
Frolic
I love your avatar too, LOL!
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 06:02 am
frolic wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:

The US army puts up road blocks and urges people to stop in ENGLISH. Iraq happens to be an Arabic country, so how hard is it to write those stop signs in a language everybody in Iraq understands.

Frolic - if you've read me, you know I don't like bush or this war. But it seems to me you're just a little rabid to believe the worst about US soldiers; as if you attribute the worst possible character and motives to those guys serving US politicians. I'd humbly suggest you consider two things:
- that bush is very likely, at least in the short run, going to enjoy increased popularity and praise (and we'd all better adjust fire to recognize that)
-that US soldiers who die in this war also have families who are devastated.
0 Replies

frolic

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 06:55 am
snood wrote:
frolic wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:

Frolic - if you've read me, you know I don't like bush or this war. But it seems to me you're just a little rabid to believe the worst about US soldiers; as if you attribute the worst possible character and motives to those guys serving US politicians. I'd humbly suggest you consider two things:
- that bush is very likely, at least in the short run, going to enjoy increased popularity and praise (and we'd all better adjust fire to recognize that)
-that US soldiers who die in this war also have families who are devastated.

I dont say they killed them on purpose but they haven't done everything to prevent the killing of innocents. How hard is it to put up stop signs written in Arab? Its Western arrogance that killed that family. And the US army admits it. They decided, after the shooting, to put up stop signs in Arab. So, people have to die first before those smartasses realise English is not the mothertongue of the world.

Quote:
that US soldiers who die in this war also have families who are devastated
The Iraqi never had the choice. they were Iraqi by birth. The US soldiers knew what they had to expect when they joined the US army. When people join the army there is a chance they die in combat.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 10:45 am
Okay, whatever man. I'm just trying to steer up out of the "Them Bad - Us Good" mentality that seems to love to rear its ugly head in a multitude of incarnations.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 11:15 am
snood, I agree with you. It's easy to have 20/20 hind sight, and become the navigator from the back seat. You need to hear the other side of this incident before one can reasonably make a considered opinion of this situation. When you see Iraqi civilians using dirty tactics to kill our military, I'm still on the side of those soldiers. Doesn't make it right either way, but I'll give credance to our guys before I do the Iraqi civs or military. Then, I'll listen to what "really" happened. c.i.
0 Replies

owi

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 12:20 pm
"dirty tactics"...I think it's dirtier to sit in a bomber and shoot at an enemy, who has absolutely no chance against these bombs.
0 Replies