99-year-old man drives car, bowls weekly: Secrets .....

Reyn

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 11:22 pm
99-year-old man drives car, bowls weekly: says secret is eating right, exercise

at 13:51 on September 6, 2005, EST.

WATERFORD TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) - Rolla Zuck still drives a car and bowls in the 150s.

Not bad for a 99-year-old.

The Waterford resident turns 100 on Sept. 20 and will celebrate at three parties - one given by his family, one given by neighbours and another at Century Bowl, a local bowling alley.

Zuck bowls in a senior league there each week, averaging around 155. In May, he bowled two 200s, followed by a 170.

He says he also eats right and rides a stationary bike in his apartment.

The Missouri native still drives his own car. He bought his first, a 1918 Model T, for $80.

As for reaching the 100 mark, Zuck says it isn't such a novelty.

"When I was young, there was a man who was 112, and we had a neighbour who was 104," he says. "I guess they just raise them like that in Missouri."

Source[/color]
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 425 • Replies: 3
No top replies

MinDSaY

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 05:19 am
Thats not bad at all. Cool
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 05:26 am
I think that there are a number of things that contribute to longevity. One is keeping the mind active, and the body moving. The other are a set of parents who give you good genes.

Now a question comes to mind, and it is of the chicken/egg variety. Has staying active kept this man alive and well, or is it because he is well that he is able to stay active? Or is it a combination of both?
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 07:27 am
Good thoughts and questions, Phoenix! Very Happy

Good for this fellow to keep active though. Certainly couldn't hurt.

We live near an extended care home and we frequently see older men and women out for walks with their walkers. With some, it appears to be a bit of a struggle, but they "keep on trucking". Good for them for making the effort. It would be easy to say the heck with it and just watch TV.

I have a lot of respect for folks like that.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » 99-year-old man drives car, bowls weekly: Secrets .....
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 02:24:38