Just a big thank you to those who helped in the disaster

Montana

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 11:32 pm
I just wanted to start a thread to thank all the folks who have worked endless hours to rescue and help the folks who were/are devistated by Katrina.
With all our frustration focused on the lack of help, we tend to not be thinking much about those who have put their own lives on the line to halp and save others who are suffering.

To those of you extremely humane folks out there who never seem to tire of helping these poor folks in their terrible distress, I salute you!

You are my hero's!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 676 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Roofingguy

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 11:39 pm
yea .. you guys are cool... and all you did will come back to you many times worth it
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2005 06:24 am
Thank you to all the folks who have made, and are making, their way to the gulf coast. Your efforts are vastly appreciated. Others shall join you as the clean up continues. Thank you to those individuals as well.

To those who aren't able to travel to the area but are able to offer financial support, I thank you too.

We will somehow get through these horrid first days. It's the next six months that scare me. Thanks to all who will be part of the long term effort to recover from this tragic event.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2005 10:35 am
Yep, this is important to remember, too. Good stuff IS happening, and gratitude to those who are making it happen.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2005 01:46 pm
Wow! I expected more responses than this.

There are doctors, nurses, coast guard, police and countless of other people (including citizens) that have been there from the beginning doing everything in their physical power to help as many people as possible and my hat goes off tho them.

God bless them.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2005 01:55 pm
Great idea, Montana.

~ Bette Midler

It must have been cold there in my shadow,
to never have sunlight on your face.
You were content to let me shine, that's your way,
you always walked a step behind.

So I was the one with all the glory,
while you were the one with all the strength.
A beautiful face without a name -- for so long,
a beautiful smile to hide the pain.

Chorus
Did you ever know that you're my hero,
and ev'rything I would like to be?
I can fly higher than an eagle,
'cause you are the wind beneath my wings.

It might have appeared to go unnoticed,
but I've got it all here in my heart.
I want you to know I know the truth, of course I know it,
I would be nothing with out you.

Chorus
Did you ever know that you're my hero,
and ev'rything I would like to be?
I can fly higher than an eagle,
'cause you are the wind beneath my wings.

Fly, fly, fly away,
you let me fly so high.
Oh, fly, fly,
so high against the sky, so high I almost touch the sky.
Thank you, thank you, thank God for you,
the wind beneath my wings.

Big hugs to all who are risking everything without benefit of recognition.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2005 01:58 pm
That was beautiful, Letty :-D
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2005 04:41 pm
Cheers for the Mayor of Houston.

He's commandeered three Convention Centers and advised them to cancel their bookings because their rooms are needed for disaster relief.

He's urging private citizens to put people up in their spare bedrooms and consider offering their garages to homeless families.

I approve.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2005 04:56 pm
Ditto Houston - got the ball rolling
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2005 05:39 pm
I'd also like to thank the reporters who kept us informed on everything that was happening, the men and women who were out in boats 24/7 rescuing people from the water/roofs/trees, the people who are now opening their doors to complete strangers, giving them shelter, food and comfort.
The medical staffs who worked around the clock to try and save lives under such extreme conditions, the coast guard for being right there after the storm to help rescue people from their roof tops, The police for doing everything they could to keep peace under impossible conditions, the fire departments and so many more.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2005 05:41 pm
Oh, and of course I need to thank the mayor of New Orleans for telling Bush and his staff to get their asses in gear, etc....
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2005 06:55 pm
Hooray for the Mayor of Houston!!! Best news I've heard all day!

And Hooray for Gen. Blum of the National Guard, too.

These guys acted like heroes today. And it was a sight for sore eyes. <cheering!>
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Just a big thank you to those who helped in the disaster
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 10:03:27