Why do some men still choose to get married in 2024 ?

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2024 01:09 pm
In this day and age, marriage is more likely to fail and getting married seems like a trap especially for men.

Scrolling through Facebook and tik tok reels, I come across clips of men explaining why they choose not to get married and also explain to young gen Z men why we should probably not get married and go our own way. I've been coming across clips of men talking about how women can take half of everything in divorces.

Last but not least, I've been listening to podcast talking about why a man should not be open and vulnerable to a woman because she will basically use your vulnerability and whatever personal information you revealed to her against you. She will basically do everything she can to make your life as stressful as possible.

I am 24 years old and single and I am quite hesitant to get married. In real life when I am out and about in public, I do notice that middle aged married men with kids always seem grumpy and cynical. They do not look happy at all but when I see a group of guys hanging out together, they always seem to have a good time.

Why do some men still choose to get married despite the risk and many downsides ? The downsides of getting married seem to our way the positives.
It's said that married men are happier and live longer but I find it harder and harder to believe as the years go by.

jespah

Reply Wed 26 Jun, 2024 07:59 am
Wow, those are a lot of teeny tiny sample sizes.
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Wed 26 Jun, 2024 10:35 am
@Fredetic66,
That's how the algorithms work. There's plenty of MGTOW/incel content out there. Or, rather, the same basic content, repeated hundreds of thousands of times. Every day.

Quote:
In real life when I am out and about in public, I do notice that middle aged married men with kids always seem grumpy and cynical. They do not look happy at all but when I see a group of guys hanging out together, they always seem to have a good time.

What would you expect? Do you see guys without kids going into the grocery store looking like they're having a good time? Guys hanging out with each other vs. guys taking their kids places isn't a quality comparison.

Quote:
Scrolling through Facebook and tik tok reels, I come across clips of men explaining why they choose not to get married...
It's said that married men are happier and live longer but I find it harder and harder to believe as the years go by.

That could be due to unequal online representation. It's hardly in fashion for men to make tiktoks specifically to promote the institution of marriage. Think about it, why would they? Nobody cares if it's not some "new" thing (marriage is one of the oldest constructs ever), or it isn't controversial and won't provoke "debate" (engagement).

The answer is (for men and women), they get married for lots of "reasons". People are different, and not all of us are, suspicious, paranoid, cynical, etc., and are capable of things like love and empathy and compromise. But not all of us, so it might be that some people choose poorly, and some are so emotionally stunted that for them being in a committed relationship makes them a negligent partner. The fact is, there are a lot of people who have no business getting married – let alone having kids, so if you want to approach life like a bean counter, then yeah, it's a gamble. But socially, culturally, in the western world, there's never been a better time to not get married. So if you don't want to, well there you go. NBD
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Thu 27 Jun, 2024 09:13 pm
@Fredetic66,
Fredetic66 wrote:

In this day and age, marriage is more likely to fail and getting married seems like a trap especially for men.

Scrolling through Facebook and tik tok reels, I come across clips of men explaining why they choose not to get married and also explain to young gen Z men why we should probably not get married and go our own way. I've been coming across clips of men talking about how women can take half of everything in divorces.

Last but not least, I've been listening to podcast talking about why a man should not be open and vulnerable to a woman because she will basically use your vulnerability and whatever personal information you revealed to her against you. She will basically do everything she can to make your life as stressful as possible.

I am 24 years old and single and I am quite hesitant to get married. In real life when I am out and about in public, I do notice that middle aged married men with kids always seem grumpy and cynical. They do not look happy at all but when I see a group of guys hanging out together, they always seem to have a good time.

Why do some men still choose to get married despite the risk and many downsides ? The downsides of getting married seem to our way the positives.

Fredetic66, getting married is probably not a good choice for you. First of all, you are painfully young, at least young for this era. Marriage and having children (offspring) doesn't sound like something you might benefit during your lifetime. Please leave women alone, they are entitled to live their best life, honest to God. Your mother was a woman, you wouldn't want her to be saddled with a pessimistic husband, would you?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Why do some men still choose to get married in 2024 ?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 10/06/2024 at 04:25:22