As I sit here in tears.......

farmerman

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 11:11 pm
Having lived there, I find it even more heartbreaking. The entire spirit of the town is (I hope) temporarily lost and its almost turned into a vigil for a gravely sick loved one
I keep visiting the weather.org site to loook at close up satellite photos to see how the whole town is faring.

I too would have to be pried from my pets. They are family to us all.
Just kids with bad haircuts.

Does anyone remember Julie Kopke from abuzz? She lived in Metarie near City Park I believe. I hope she evacuated early.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 11:19 pm
FM
I don't remember Julie, but I hope she got out as well.
I never knew you lived there. This must really hit home for you :-(
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 11:21 pm
Montana
Montana, you were laid off from your job? Is this temporary or permanent? What happened?

BBB Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 11:27 pm
BBB
I was surprised at my reaction. I sighed a lot at the pictures of desperate people appeared on my TV screen hour after hour. I think my anger at the unnecessary misery and loss of life caused by inept leadership dulled my feelings even with the pictures of the children.

But a few days later, pictures of the pitiful starving stranded animals started appearing along with people trying to save them. At that point I broke down and sobbed. Strange what helps us release our tears.

If I had to be rescued without my two dogs, I think I would raise such a ruckus that the rescuers would be forced to save my dogs along with me.

BBB
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 11:38 pm
BBB
No worries. We had an unexpected 2 month lay off this year, but we're back to work and I'm ok.
They shut the plant down for a bit due to the high prices of lobster in the states, which is where we get our supply starting in July. I hear that the gas prices and other factors contributed as well.
It was a tough 2 months because I had no income, but I got through it and we're back on track ;-)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 11:40 pm
Yeah, they rescue me, they need to be prepared to take my kitty along ;-)
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 11:41 pm
Montana
Montana, good news.

BBB
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 11:42 pm
Also, when they started showing footage of all the starving abandoned animals, that's when I had to get away from the tv. My heart just can't handle it :-(
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 12:51 pm
Montana, I think it is wise that you avoid TV for a while. Take care of your emotional status. It does not help the suffering people and animals for you to suffer too. Give money if you can, but not your emotional well-being. You are--and I know how selfish this sounds--responsible for your well-being. You are OBLIGED to be as emotionally stable and happy as you can, without injury to others, of course.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 02:55 am
JL
Good advice! I did take that advice and have been staying away from the tv.
going back to work has helped, so my emotional status is ok at the moment :-)
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 02:44 pm
Work has many advantages.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 03:27 pm
Farmer, your pets are just kids with bad haircuts? That is both funny and poetic.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 05:59 pm
farmerman wrote:
Having lived there, I find it even more heartbreaking. The entire spirit of the town is (I hope) temporarily lost and its almost turned into a vigil for a gravely sick loved one
I keep visiting the weather.org site to loook at close up satellite photos to see how the whole town is faring.

I too would have to be pried from my pets. They are family to us all.
Just kids with bad haircuts.

Does anyone remember Julie Kopke from abuzz? She lived in Metarie near City Park I believe. I hope she evacuated early.

famerman

"Kids with bad haircuts"
Yes, I like that, too. Very Happy

Yes, I remember Julie Kopke. I do hope she's OK. Let us know if you hear anything, please.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 06:58 pm
Im not a Bush fan , but I needed to hear the statement he made that "we cant imagine a US without a New Orleans"

Ive put in a call to Habitat and supposing that the rebuilding effort is well underway this winter, Im gonna pack up my tools and drive the RV down there for Feb and work on rebuilding houses. I feel I gotta do something besides throw money.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 07:02 pm
Farmerman--

My daughter-in-law works for Habitat and she assures me that there will be a great deal of Habitat building this winter in New Orleans.
0 Replies

Bodhisattvawannabe

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 08:59 pm
Farmerman,

That is a wonderful plan! Smile I wish I could do the same.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 10:23 pm
farmerman wrote:
Im not a Bush fan , but I needed to hear the statement he made that "we cant imagine a US without a New Orleans"

Ive put in a call to Habitat and supposing that the rebuilding effort is well underway this winter, Im gonna pack up my tools and drive the RV down there for Feb and work on rebuilding houses. I feel I gotta do something besides throw money.

farmerman, my hero! Very Happy
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 11:10 pm
Good for you, Farmer. I'm so glad I do not have your character.
Try not to be signed up by Halliburton.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2005 04:19 am
You're a good man Farmerman :-D
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/05/2024 at 02:03:00