Ostrich escapes from van & runs loose on Golden Gate Bridge

Reyn

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 11:39 pm
Ostrich escapes from van and runs loose on San Francisco's Golden Gate Bridge

at 10:37 on August 30, 2005, EST.

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - An ostrich got loose from a minivan on San Francisco's famed Golden Gate Bridge and started roaming around near the toll booths amid rush-hour traffic.

Ron Love, the owner of Love Farms, was transporting two of the odd-looking birds in the back of his van on Monday. Love was stopped in traffic when he suddenly accelerated, jolting one of the ostriches, who smashed through the back window of the van and got loose on the bridge.

The ostrich began running around on the bridge, stopping traffic for about eight minutes before police were able to move it out of traffic.

"It was quite an adventure," Love said. "Strange things always seem to happen with ostriches. I guess this proves it."

The ostrich had some scrapes from the fall, but was not seriously hurt and was resting comfortably back home, California Highway Patrol Sgt. Wayne Ziese said.

Source[/color]
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 607 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Lady J

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2005 11:25 am
Laughing Only in California, baybee!

Sadly, tales like this only give more credence to all non-Californians whom I have been rumoured to hear say, "Californians....they're like granola. What ain't nuts and fruits, are flakes. Smile

I can say this, being a Californian, just very recently displaced. Very Happy
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2005 12:30 pm
Heeven! What was she doing on the bridge??? :wink:

Oh wait, that's an emu, isn't it?
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2005 04:10 pm
Luvver, come back ............

That's what happens when I have an affair with a West Coaster!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Ostrich escapes from van & runs loose on Golden Gate Bridge
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 02:21:17