Taking Care of Business

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 08:16 am
Taking Care of Business. Have you heard this song before?
I have been an avid listener of classic rock from the 60s and 70s for over a decade now, and I just heard this song on the radio for the first time.
And something ocurred to me.
The authors of the song, "BTO", could make a lot of money if they sold the rights for commercial purposes.

Now hear me out.

Many businesses would love to have the public associate the catchy melody, and lyrics--"taking care of business/and working overtime"--with their product. Like an office supplies company, for example. That would be perfect!
I am surprised that I haven't heard this song at least a million times on TV ads. But I guess the band has too much dignity. One day, some marketing genius may persuade them otherwise.

Discuss.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 632 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Letty

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 08:28 am
Good observation, Gargamel. When I hear songs behind commercials, etc. I am amazed that so many are not the current ones, but oldies. All advertisers do demographics to see where the potential lies, and that may be the case. Then, too, perhaps "Taking Care of Business" is too general.

Hank Snow's, "I've Been Everywhere" for a travel agency, comes to mind, but there are many others. Just can't recall them at the moment.

"Dust in the Wind" is behind some car commercial, but I concentrated too much on the song, and didn't remember the car. Madison Ave. has to be careful, because if potential consumers don't tune in to the product, they aren't taking care of business. <smile>
0 Replies