A miracle has occured.

roger

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2005 09:13 pm
Eons ago, yahoo I set myyahoo as home page and couldn't shake if for love or money. Last weekend, I did a disk cleanup, and boy was it thourough. A2k no longer logged in automatically, and several other changes occured, including a few of my "Favorites" gone missing. No problem; no explanation needed, but on impulse, I again set a2k as home page. This time it stuck.

Just thought I would pass along an interesting discovery.

Yahoo getting intrusive? for reference.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 975 • Replies: 5
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2005 09:23 pm
I have to wage a constant war to keep Yahoo from gaining control over my pc. I signed up for Yahoo DSL but did not sign up for their email this time. That keeps a lot of spam out of my email.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2005 10:11 pm
How interesting. I had a yahoomail glitch (my fault, not theirs) and picked up gmail at the Bear's suggestion. The only span I get with gmail is from my sister's boyfriend - jokes and political. I'm still getting one to five a day at the yahoo address. My general rule now is to use yahoo for shopping, and reserve the gmail addy for people.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2005 11:58 pm
I have yahoodsl and a lot of spam, but I had it before I went to yahoo, attached to my illustrious email name by whatever tentacles.

So, if you don't get yahoo email, how do you read your emails if you travel?? That has turned out to be important to me..
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 04:06 am
Yahoo e mail is a godsend. No more spam
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 05:58 am
I've had Yahoo email three times and each time my emails at both yahoo and hotmail filled up with spam. Got rid of Yahoo and it eventually died down to a manageable level.
0 Replies