WHO ANOINTED JESUS

Mon 8 Apr, 2024 10:34 pm
Who was the woman who anointed the body of Jesus in preparation of its burial.

View best answer, chosen by The Anointed
izzythepush

Tue 9 Apr, 2024 12:39 pm
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2024/apr/10/rise-in-activity-from-right-wing-extremists-who-want-to-trigger-race-war-in-australia-asio-warns
0 Replies

steve reid

Tue 9 Apr, 2024 04:30 pm
@The Anointed,
The Anointed wrote:

Who was the woman who anointed the body of Jesus in preparation of its burial.

Do I get three guesses...... I'll go for Sinful woman

My apologies for going off at a tangent here but I'm curious

In your thread 'The walk from Egypt to Galilee.' you state

The Anointed wrote:
I’m not into miracles, I base my beliefs on the realities of life according to observable facts, reverting to faith, only when the required data to explain some phenomenon is as yet unavailable to the world.

So, do you believe Jesus died and was later resurrected (faith), or do you have an alternative scenario. Even with todays technology people have woken up on the mortuary slab after having been pronounced dead.

Perhaps Pontius Pilate was too quick off the mark or negligent in pronouncing Jesus as dead
The Anointed

Tue 9 Apr, 2024 05:29 pm
@steve reid,
Quote:
So, do you believe Jesus died and was later resurrected (faith), or do you have an alternative scenario. Even with todays technology people have woken up on the mortuary slab after having been pronounced dead.

Perhaps Pontius Pilate was too quick off the mark or negligent in pronouncing Jesus as dead

Perhaps he was, he was reluctant to crucify Jesus in the first place.
Crucifixion resulted in death through anyone of two ways. one way was hypovolemic shock, which can cause fluid to gather in the area around the heart. This is called pericardial effusion.

Another way that death would occur during crucifixion was due to asphyxiation, which occurs when the person is unable to breathe in enough oxygen to survive.

The victim’s weight was inhibiting him to breath and he had to keep pulling himself up with his hands which were nailed to the wooden beam, or pushing up with his feet which were also nailed to the stake.

Eventually, he would no longer be able to push up and due to the lack of Oxygen would pass out and die.

Because the Jewish authorities wanted the three who were crucified removed from their stakes before sunset, Roman guards were sent to make sure they were dead. Jesus was unconscious when the Roman soldier came to check.

The other two who were crucified with Jesus, were still trying to push themselves up in their attempt to breath, so their legs were broken, and being no longer able to breath they died within minutes, but the guard believing that Jesus was dead, didn’t bother to break his legs, but instead, shoved a spear into his side, most likely under his ribs, which ruptured the pericardial sack, releasing the water with the blood that was still flowing through his body.

John the beloved disciple was still there and later recorded and emphasised the fact that both blood and water flowed from the body of Jesus: See John 19, 34-35. Could the Roman soldier have actually saved the life of Jesus by releasing the water around his heart?
Shortly after that, Joseph and Nicodemus took the body down and buried it in the family grave of Joseph the half-brother of Jesus, just as the sun was setting on Wednesday afternoon.

How long after the heart stops beating does the blood stop flowing? It only takes three to four minutes for the person to become brain dead due to a lack of oxygen.

But it doesn’t matter that he didn’t die, because his death could not pay the blood price for the human race.

He later had to convince his disciples who thought that he was a ghost, that he was not a spiritual being and that he was still a human of flesh and blood, by eating the food they offered him, but we also know that he was later translated as were Enoch and Elijah, and ascended to the heavenly throne of our Father.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Tue 9 Apr, 2024 05:39 pm
@steve reid,
The facts are that there's no concrete evidence Jesus even existed.

The best independent account is Tacitus, and he wrote long after alleged events.

Jesus acted as phrophesised, following the playbook of previous mythical figures like Marduk and Osiris. It's perfectly feasable that Jesus was another mythical figure.

Mohammed is another story altogether, the evidence of him existing is concrete.

Therefore if Annointed were only intersted in facts, he should be a Muslim.

Will you tell the faithful or shall I?
The Anointed

Tue 9 Apr, 2024 06:12 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Will you tell the faithful or shall I?

Thank you but I think that I'll recline the offer. The faithful would much rather hear it from an atheist comedian such as yourself, I believe that they're in need of a good laugh.
izzythepush

Wed 10 Apr, 2024 04:11 am
IS has enough PR problems as it is.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 10 Apr, 2024 04:18 am
@The Anointed,
My problem with you has nothing to do with religion, and everything to do with morality.

You are immoral, you pervert the words of Christ and wipe your backside on the 10 commandments.

izzythepush
  Selected Answer

Wed 10 Apr, 2024 08:16 am
@izzythepush,
There is a story in the paper about a religious fundamentalist going on trial for murdering his wife and his girlfriend's two children.

They used the same armageddon doomsday horseshit as Annointed to justify their crimes.

His name is Chad Daybell from Idaho.

Religion is used to justify the most heinous crimes.
0 Replies

The Anointed

Thu 11 Apr, 2024 12:29 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
My problem with you has nothing to do with religion, and everything to do with morality.
You are immoral, you pervert the words of Christ and wipe your backside on the 10 commandments.

Hi ya izzy, still playing the part of the lying atheist trolling comedian I see. Oh well, as long as it keeps you happy old mate.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » WHO ANOINTED JESUS
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 04:28:18