Why do I love leading a double life?

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2024 06:15 am
I'm a 41 year old woman, married 22 years. I have one son. I love my family and love my husband. Despite that love I'm having my 2nd affair in the past 7 years. The other lasted almost 2 years before my husband and family found out. I swore I'd stopped seeing him but continued to for another 8 months. Now for the past 2 years I've been sleeping with a man I have to travel with often. We'd been physical a few times before that, I'm a professional wrestler and it's sort of accepted that there would be affairs. I resisted that temptation for years then started letting guys take me to dinner and such after we'd fought. Then it started with petting, massages and stuff under the guise of working out sore muscles. Anyway for 2 years I've been seeing another man. We're on the road together probably 15 weeks a year. My husband hates it but we need the money I make in the ring. I always hated smoking as did my husband. I did start smoking while on the road then sneaking and smoking here. Finally I got tired or hiding it, tired of not kissing my husband so one night in bed I lit a cigarette and told him I'd been smoking at least some every day for the past 12 years and at this point have no interest in quitting. He was broken hearted and begs me to quit. Talking about smoking and quitting just makes me think about it and I smoke even more. When I'm on the road I drink, go to clubs, I've been in drunken fist fights even. And lately we've started smoking weed something I never thought I'd do but now something I love. We do things sexually I'd never have thought I'd do, I won't go into details about that.
But I love both lives I live. At home while my husband knows I smoke no one else does, he doesn't suspect I smoke weed or drink. He does suspect I'm sexually active with my travel and wrestling partner. He asks constantly and I either lie or more recently started telling him don't ask if he doesn't want to know. It's as much as admitting it without actually doing so.
I don't want a divorce, I love my husband, it's just pure lust with my wrestling partner. He's younger by 12 years and thinks older women are super hot and he loves showing me off. I don't know what he does when we're not together and as with my husband I don't ask because I don't want to know.
What inside me drives this? It goes against everything I believe in and always stood for. I felt disgust for women doing exactly what I'm doing.
But I soon have to do something. I'm sick of lying and sneaking around. I want to come clean but it will break my husband's heart and I don't want him ending our marriage. Any advice is welcome.

jespah

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2024 06:52 am
@PATTIWRESTLER,
PATTIWRESTLER wrote:

... At home while my husband knows I smoke no one else does...
Oh, yes, they do.

It's very hard to get the stench of tobacco smoke out of drapes, carpeting, etc. This is why nonsmoking rooms in hotels exist. It's to keep those rooms as clean as possible without having the maid service deal with getting the smoke smell out of linens, etc.

It can be equally difficult to get the smell out of your hair and breath.

We can often get "nose blind" to smells we're around all the time.

We can also get used to a bunch of other things, including all of the stuff you think you're doing well to hide your affairs.

Your husband probably knows. He certainly suspects if he's asking about it. It's also likely that your son suspects something is off. Yes, even if he's still a minor. Even a child as young as 5 years old can sense if something is different between Mom and Dad, unless that child is profoundly challenged.

Your house of cards may be flimsier than you think.

And another thing. This is all self-destructive behavior. IANAD but you may want to start seeing one. And doesn't the league have physicians? Talk to them if to no one else, about quitting smoking, because it will kill you and the end stages of your life will be very unpleasant and ugly. If that's too far away for you to think about now, talk to the league doctor(s) about getting drunk, fist fights, and the like.

I know at least the WWE wants its female wrestlers to be very, very attractive, due to being on TV but also due to the money from merchandising posters, etc. Losing a few teeth in a barroom brawl, or developing the ashy skin that comes from a lot of drinking and smoking will make you unattractive and age you very quickly. If absolutely nothing else, you may want to work on these behaviors to try to end them simply to be able to hold onto your job longer. At age 41, you may be getting close to the end of your career anyway. But there's no reason to hasten that along.

Look ahead to the endgame, just like I imagine (hope) you look to the end where it's pin or be pinned. Even in a scripted sport, there's a beginning, middle, and end to matches. Well, there's also a beginning, middle, and end to your marriage, your career, and your life. What you're doing now is going to drive the end of all three of those things, and it's going to drive it more quickly than is necessary.

Only you can decide if that's okay.
0 Replies

RPhalange

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2024 09:16 am
@PATTIWRESTLER,
You certainly sound conflicted internally. I would suggest meeting with a therapist to work out why you are doing this self-destructive behavior as no one can answer "What inside me drives this?" without diving more into this.

One thing for sure is you are hurting yourself and your family and if you want to put a stop to this, you really need to talk to someone that can help you, unfortunately it is not as easy as writing this on a discussion board.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Why do I love leading a double life?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/30/2024 at 09:23:06