The Lords evening meal

kjw47

Reply Thu 28 Mar, 2024 06:11 pm
Jesus implemented this celebration, the night of the passover--He said keep doing this in remembrance of me= the night of the passover. Not whenever.
As well Jesus made a special covenant that night-Only to the little flock, not to the great crowd. = Luke 22:29-30 a covenant made to those who will sit on thrones= the little flock( Luke 12:32)-Jesus has other sheep( John 10:16) who are not of that fold= the great crowd( Rev 7:9)-Only members of the little flock partake of the 2 emblems. Paul warned that some( great crowd) were not worthy to partake of the emblems-1Cor 11:27-29)-verse 28 prove himself after scrutiny( as a member of the little flock)--thus all who partake from the great crowd are committing serious sin. Only false religions of darkness tell ALL to partake.
The little flock= The anointed bride of Christ= 144,000 bought from the earth( Rev 14:3)-to rule as kings and priests on thrones beside Jesus( Rev 1:6, Rev 20:6)
This is bible truth, Run from those telling all to partake-Do YOU partake unworthily?

The Anointed

Reply Thu 28 Mar, 2024 06:41 pm
@kjw47,
Quote:
Do YOU partake unworthily?

More to the point, ''DO YOU.''
kjw47

Reply Thu 28 Mar, 2024 06:48 pm
@The Anointed,
I don't, i am not one who will sit on a throne. I do however observe the memorial out of love and respect for Jehovah and Jesus. It was the greatest acts of love ever displayed by both of them. No wonder--God is love and Jesus is his image.
You must not understand the point to ask me that.
The Anointed

Reply Thu 28 Mar, 2024 08:35 pm
@kjw47,
Quote:
I don't, i am not one who will sit on a throne. I do however observe the memorial out of love and respect for Jehovah and Jesus. It was the greatest acts of love ever displayed by both of them. No wonder--God is love and Jesus is his image.
You must not understand the point to ask me that.

And when is that memorial held and what do you call it.
kjw47

Reply Fri 29 Mar, 2024 06:25 am
@The Anointed,
The night of the passover it is held. Its just called the memorial. We had it Sunday March 24th.
The Anointed

Reply Fri 29 Mar, 2024 05:23 pm
@kjw47,
Quote:
The night of the passover it is held. Its just called the memorial. We had it Sunday March 24th.

As oft as ye do this [the Passover meal] do it in memory of me.

This is an invitation for all who are waiting for the day when the angel of death passes over the earth to root out the unrepentant wicked.

As it was Wednesday evening when Jesus held his last Passover meal and late Wednesday afternoon when he was buried, I don't believe that Sunday is the appropriate day to hold it, But, that's only my opinion. The fact that you at least continue the tradition is praise-worthy.

The first Sunday after the one-day festival of Passover on the 14th day of the first month,.the day when Jesus was risen, is the festival of First Fruits because Jesus, with the spirits of the righteous who came out of their graves an the day of resurrection was the First Fruits to be harvested from the body of mankind.
kjw47

Reply Sat 30 Mar, 2024 08:35 pm
@The Anointed,
The night of the passover Jesus did the Lords supper. That is the proper night, no matter what night it may be.
The Anointed

Reply Sat 30 Mar, 2024 10:14 pm
@kjw47,
Quote:
The night of the passover Jesus did the Lords supper. That is the proper night, no matter what night it may be.

The Jewish day began at sunset and consisted of 12 hours of darkness followed by 12 hours of daylight.

The last supper that Jesus had with his disciples was the Passover Sedar, which was held on Wednesday evening the 14th day of the first month, he was crucified next day and was buried on Wednesday the 14th day of Nisan and remained in the tomb all Thursday night and the next day, the fifteenth day of Nisan, then Friday night and Friday, the sixteenth day of Nisan, then the night of Saturday the weekly Sabbath and all day Saturday the seventeenth of Nisan and was risen as the sunset on that day.

When the women came in the darkness of Sunday, before the sun had risen, they found the tomb of Jesus was empty.
kjw47

Reply Sun 31 Mar, 2024 05:13 pm
@The Anointed,
Jesus didn't ask for the events on sunday( risen from the dead) to be remembered he specifically asked for the event of the Lords evening meal to be remembered. He did it the night of the passover for a reason.
The passover events is what saved Israel from Egypt. Jesus' death is what saved mortals, not his resurrection from the dead.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 31 Mar, 2024 06:55 pm
@The Anointed,
No, it was not a seder.

Seders only date back to 70 CE. See, among many other citations: https://schechter.edu/the-origins-of-the-seder/
The Anointed

Reply Sun 31 Mar, 2024 07:48 pm
@jespah,
Quote:
Seders only date back to 70 CE. See, among many other citations: https://schechter.edu/the-origins-of-the-seder/

The books of Matthew, Mark and Luke, all describe the last supper as a Passover Seder, which was held in the evening of the 14th day of Nisan, and not on the 15th day, as did the Jewish church, which is the first day of the seven-day Festival of Unleavened Bread.

The Passover was a one-day Festival. Exodus 12, 14; You must celebrate 'THIS DAY' as a religious festival to remind you of what I, the LORD, have done. Celebrate it for all time to come.”

Leviticus 23, 5; The Passover, celebrated to honour the LORD, begins at sunset on the fourteenth day of the first month. On the fifteenth day the Festival of Unleavened Bread begins, and for seven days you must not eat any bread made with yeast. The Jews, for their own reasons, rejected God's Day of the 14th and decided to hold their Passover meal in the evening of the 15th day.

There was no Pascal Lamb at the Last supper of Jesus, he gave to his disciples the bread and wine as a substitute and symbolic of the reality of the Passover Lamb, 'HIS BODY AND BLOOD.'
jespah

Reply Sun 31 Mar, 2024 07:55 pm
@The Anointed,
There is no such thing as a "Jewish church".
The Anointed

Reply Sun 31 Mar, 2024 11:48 pm
@jespah,
Quote:
There is no such thing as a "Jewish church".

CHURCH ; a body or organization of religious believers.

Sorry mate, I should have said, 'The Jewish organisation of religious believers, who worship God in a synagogue, and don't believe Gods word, which says that the Passover is to be held on the fourteenth day of Nisan.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » The Lords evening meal
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 09:02:39