Advice for talking again to a girl I already approached

Sven93

Reply Sun 24 Mar, 2024 03:59 am
Hi guys, here's my situation: recently I've asked out a girl I didn't know but I saw very often in my work hallway. Sometimes I greeted her previously when she passed me by, but I didn't have so many chances to know her directly, so I decided to try to approach her without too many preambles. So, when I asked her out, she said "yes, we could have a coffee together but only as a friend", because she told me she just broke up with another guy. We didn't set a date though, cause I understood she was a little bit in a hurry, so she got back to office later and I hoped to make progress the days after. However, since the day immediately after that, I've noticed that she was very detached in my regards, and now not only she doesn't greet me when we meet but she also keeps her look away from me constantly and, whenever she sees me around the hallway, she tries to turn away and avoid me, in a more or less evident way. Honestly I'm very confused, I don'think I've done anything wrong to justify such a behavior, I hadn't been rude with her and I'd just want to understand the situation more clearly. I know she probably changed her mind (and that would be ok), but why she hadn't refused on the spot then.
I was thinking about "apologizing" next time I see her (again, even though I didn't nothing bad), maybe for having caught her off guard and just to try to make her feel comfortable again when she sees me.
Do you think that's a good idea? What would you do in this case if you were me? I'd not want to let the situation stuck like that, honestly I just want to clarify if I could.
Thanks in advance

Mame

Reply Sun 24 Mar, 2024 11:04 am
@Sven93,
No, I would not apologize for anything. She's letting you know she's not interested. Move on.
Sven93

Reply Thu 28 Mar, 2024 12:08 pm
@Mame,
Thanks for your reply. I know I should simply move on, but it's revealing very hard at the moment, because I feel like I missed the end of the story. It's a stupid thing, and I know I could seem quite naive to think this way 'cause some girls just do that and that's it. But the situation is bothering me enormously, especially because I see her quite often at work, and going so far as to even avoid my greeting seems too much to me tbh. Shouldn't I talk to her at all now? Will it be like that forever? It's truly a senseless behavior from my point of view. After all she said yes, she could have made any excuse, telling me she had no intention of seeing other people at the moment. Instead it was her who proposed something in friendship. Honestly I'd just want an explanation, that would be helpful in order to move on
jespah

Reply Thu 28 Mar, 2024 03:36 pm
@Sven93,
Nobody owes you an explanation for their behavior.

Just interact with her like you do with people at work who you don't have a crush on. Pretend it never happened, which I suspect she's trying to do.

Let. It. Go.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Advice for talking again to a girl I already approached
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 05:51:41