Seeking God but he Won’t Meet Me Halfway

Reply Tue 5 Mar, 2024 11:46 am
I have been subject to spiritual warfare and am feeling so lost.

I have been battling a deep addiction that has consumed me the past bit. It is so deep, and I feel so much shame and guilt around it. I don’t feel like I can go any darker. I am convinced that I have a demonic presence in my soul. This is truly the darkest despair I have ever been in.

In my suffering I have asked God through prayer and repentance to save me from this living hell. I beg and I plead, even just for a sign that he’s real and cares about me. I have felt godly presence and love before, and so I KNOW he’s real. I just don’t understand why when I need him now, I can’t feel him.

I don’t read my bible. I put on christian media and songs but I know that’s not a substitute. I talk to god throughout my day, but it always is a 1 way conversation. I know I am a wretched disaster, and am not a perfect christian. I just know I can’t save myself, and in my despair I seek the lord and feel abandoned.

What does he need from me? What should I do?

RPhalange

Reply Tue 5 Mar, 2024 12:06 pm
@nolongerbound,
I would suggest where you seem to have deep faith to reach out to a minister as far as inspiring your faith and guidance in prayer.

For addiction, I suggest you search out for a therapist or counselor.

Sorry I cannot guide you more, but this is more for your personal faith and as far as addiction/mental health you really cannot get appropriate care over a discussion board, however, if you are in the US most states have mental health assistance even remotely - there is help out there you just need to do a bit of searching. Also, a minister might be able to guide you where you can reach out for therapy or counseloring.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 5 Mar, 2024 02:38 pm
@nolongerbound,
Hard to be abandoned by an entity that doesn't exist.
0 Replies

The Anointed

Reply Tue 5 Mar, 2024 04:35 pm
@nolongerbound,
Quote:
I don’t read my bible.

What do you mean, ‘’He won’t meet you halfway.’’ He’s there with you right now, it’s only that you don’t know how or where to find him, and that’s because you don’t know him and have refused to feed off hum.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 5 Mar, 2024 04:43 pm
@nolongerbound,
There are times when people's faith in a good and loving god is put to the test.

Many Jewish people during the Holocaust had their faith tested.

People in Gaza right now are suffering horribly, and I'm sure many of them are praying to God.

The book of Job seems the only response to such tests and it's cold comfort at best.

You should seek some sort of therapy, see a doctor, you may be depressed or it could be other things that upset your well being.

I am not a doctor.

Sorry about Tsar, you shouldn't have your beliefs mocked when you're asking for help.
The Anointed

Reply Tue 5 Mar, 2024 05:10 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Sorry about Tsar, you shouldn't have your beliefs mocked when you're asking for help.

What a wonderful response, thank you Izzy.
0 Replies

ntprof

Reply Thu 7 Mar, 2024 11:18 am
@nolongerbound,
Some of the worst people in the Bible have left the best impact. Why? Because their story didn’t end with their mistake, it finished with their comeback. You might feel like a disappointment but your story isn’t over yet. Your success is on the way.
The Anointed

Reply Fri 8 Mar, 2024 08:27 pm
@ntprof,
I have been asking God for years, to allow me to win the Gold Lotto and it was only last night that he responded to my prayers by saying, ''If you really want to win the Gold Lotto son, you will have to meet me halfway and at least buy a flamin ticket.''

I think that you should meet him halfway and read the words which he recorded in order that you should know him.
ntprof

Reply Sat 9 Mar, 2024 07:52 am
@The Anointed,
Anointed,
Perhaps it's too early and my comprehension meter is still low, however, is your answer meant for me?
The Anointed

Reply Sun 10 Mar, 2024 03:17 am
@ntprof,
Quote:
Perhaps it's too early and my comprehension meter is still low, however, is your answer meant for me?

No, not for you, but for nolongerbound who seems to be a very confused person, who begs and pleads, even just for a sign that God is real and cares, then goes on to say that they have felt godly presence and love before and KNOW he’s real.

If you want to know about Albert Einstein and understand his works you read his recorded words, you do not expect young children to explain them for you.

And yet, this is exactly what nolongerbound does. This person doesn’t read God’s word and instead listens to Christian media.

Nolongerbound needs to meet God halfway and try to know and understand the one who longs for all people to know and understand him. Feed on the unleavened Bread that came down from heaven and as Jesus said to his disciples, ‘’ Beware of the added yeast of the priests.’’
ntprof

Reply Tue 12 Mar, 2024 07:26 am
@The Anointed,
All true.

My message to nolongerbound's questions:

"What does he need from me?" Commitment
"What should I do?" Commit
The Anointed

Reply Tue 12 Mar, 2024 04:55 pm
@ntprof,
Good advice.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Seeking God but he Won’t Meet Me Halfway
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 04:39:03