Link 2 email accounts

Reply Sat 25 Nov, 2023 11:14 am
I have had a Yahoo email account (#1) for years, but I wish, over time, to retire this and switch to using a new account (#2). I need to know how to set up so any and all emails, sent to Account #1, are immediately forwarded to Account #2 which will be my current/active email address.

In time I will just delete Account #1.

Hope I explained that correctly.

You need to understand that I am a 75 year old geezer and VERY non tech so any tips need to be in simple english as if I don't know what I'm doing (which I don't!)
Thanks

DH

jcboy

Reply Sat 25 Nov, 2023 11:23 am
@suzukizone,
It might depend on who your second email account is with. For instance if it's Gmail you can.

Quote:
To set up Gmail to receive and send messages from your Yahoo Mail account: In Gmail, select the gear icon and choose See all settings. Select Accounts and Import. In the Check mail from other accounts section, select Add a mail account.
Mame

Reply Sat 25 Nov, 2023 12:04 pm
@jcboy,
This used to be a free service; they've been charging for years now. I use my old yahoo acct for minor things, inquiries, etc., and my google acct as my main one.
jcboy

Reply Sat 25 Nov, 2023 12:10 pm
@Mame,
That's what I do, mainly use gmail, the email service that comes with our Internet provider I rarely eve open it, and when I do there's at least 200 or more spam emails, I just highlight and delete them all.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2023 11:51 am
I do the same: gmail for main account, then I have one account for online purchases, one for facebook only and one for other sites (NYT etc.) that require an email.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Link 2 email accounts
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 12:16:45