A Talk On India

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2005 06:15 am
Well sadly the name Brahmin has cropped up again. I suspect he is an extreme Hindutva nationalist and nazi sympathiser. In fact I asked him directly if he was an admirer of Adolf Hitler to which I got no reply...probably (and hopefully) because he is now banned from a2k.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2005 06:20 am
There is no such thing as a extreme Hindutva nationalist.

People who claim to be one, are not Hindus
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2005 08:26 am
the prince wrote:

ok glad to hear that. What religion do they claim to be?
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2005 09:30 am
Jerkism
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2005 10:59 am
the prince wrote:
Jerkism

Laughing

I take it you do not approve of Hindutva?

But would you agree, if you have read any of his posts directed specifically at me, that Brahmin is one?
0 Replies

sakhi

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2005 10:42 pm
the prince wrote:
Jerkism

LOL. absolutely Smile
0 Replies

vinsan

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2005 03:20 am
the prince wrote:

Hindutva nationalist in today's age are the biggest Hippocrates... when India's Petroleum Minister Mani Shankar Ayer erased Savarkar's quotes from the board in Andaman jail (where Savarkar was sentenced "Kaala Pani"), these so called Hindutva Nationalists supported Savarkar and started criticizing Gandhi and hence Congress.

Mani Shankar Ayer's step was not wise and absolutely dishonored a great patriot coz he erased Savarkar's historic comments which were solely patriotic and inspiring. There was nothing about Hindutva or against Gandhi in his quotes.

But these same hindutva nationalist people criticized even Savarkar few years back when they found that Savarkar once said, "Cow is NOT holy but a domestic animal" (ref. "Majhi Janmathep" - Book by Vinayak Savarkar)

It also shows that Savarkar, who is often termed as an extreme Hindu Patriot, was infact not that extreme, people think he is.

(But I do condemn him for supporting Nathuram Godse in assassination of Gandhi which was an absolute coward step)
0 Replies

bobkom

Reply Sat 18 Feb, 2006 06:52 am
Indian muslims should think about this
Yesterday in our capital city Hyderabad there were riots between the police and the muslims ,because of the cartoon that printed in Denmark the native muslims have thrown rocks on the jewel shops and causing 36 people injured
I think that"INdian Muslims are different from the rest of the muslim world who always supports the terrorism and jihads but to day what the indian muslims have done they have just caused the other indians inconvenience and they burn the vehicles and all the shops .INdian Muslims should re think about this.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sat 18 Feb, 2006 10:21 am
Extremism is a bit too extreme for me.

In London today, for the third week in a row, a muslim demonstration (10,000 expected) against the publication of Mahomet cartoons.

At least, I think that's the reason today.

Several killed in Libya yesterday, at the Italian embassy, same reasons given.
Seems to me the people are being stirred up by their religious leaders for political reasons.
0 Replies

vinsan

Reply Sat 18 Feb, 2006 02:28 pm
McTag wrote:
Extremism is a bit too extreme for me.

In London today, for the third week in a row, a muslim demonstration (10,000 expected) against the publication of Mahomet cartoons.

At least, I think that's the reason today.

Several killed in Libya yesterday, at the Italian embassy, same reasons given.
Seems to me the people are being stirred up by their religious leaders for political reasons.

hey Mc, Welcome back. How do you do these days? Smile

Well about leaders exploiting religions and holy feelings of people is not new and has been taking place since ages. Sad

Remember Crusades!!!
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sat 18 Feb, 2006 04:01 pm
I'm doing fine, thank you, Vinsan.

I hope you and your family are well.

Ganesh sits in our family room, keeping a benign eye on things.
0 Replies

vinsan

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 02:41 am
McTag wrote:
I hope you and your family are well.

Yes Mc, My family is going great .... Thx
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 09:27 am
Hey Vinsan, check this out:

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/asia/article346372.ece

Our invitations to this shindig must have got lost in the post.

Although I bet Super-G was there
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 01:48 am
Nopes, had to turn it down. Was too busy spending my bonus...
0 Replies

vinsan

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 07:24 am
McTag wrote:
Our invitations to this shindig must have got lost in the post.

Hmmmm .... Don't feel bad Mc. We are toooo important to be invited. BTW some decent money spent there !!!!

Hey yesterday, I saw newspaper pics of few foriegners in heavy Indian dresses making their way through the backyard barbwire fench to enter the Wedding Hall... Poor Ladies Laughing

All of them, for not getting hooked their dresses in the barbwire, had their skirts lifted up ,so high, that we could even see one's panties Razz

Such a waste..................... of expensive indian dresses!! of course. :wink:
0 Replies