Suzanne Somers passes away

Reply Mon 16 Oct, 2023 12:38 am
Suzanne Somers passed away from breast cancer today. Apparently she's been fighting it since the early 2020's, very sad. Rest in Peace.

jespah

Reply Mon 16 Oct, 2023 11:37 am
@glitterbag,
One thing I did not know about her—she was fired from Three's Company because she dared to try to get equal pay with John Ritter (he made $150k per episode; she made $30k).
jcboy

Reply Mon 16 Oct, 2023 12:45 pm
@jespah,
I read that too, he was making three times her salary.
jcboy

Reply Mon 16 Oct, 2023 01:19 pm
@jcboy,
I meant to say 5 times her salary Cool
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 16 Oct, 2023 01:58 pm
She only played the dizzy blonde, but was quite money savvy and demanded equal pay. The show was such a hit, though, I loved it!
All characters were priceless! So many cities have "Mrs. Roper Day" events every year.
jcboy

Reply Mon 16 Oct, 2023 03:08 pm
@CalamityJane,
I was just reading online that her Net worth was 100 million. She made a lot of money off the thigh master and the commercials.
Ragman

Reply Mon 16 Oct, 2023 05:11 pm
@jcboy,
Plus her books, too. Some of them are best sellers.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 16 Oct, 2023 06:30 pm
76 is so young to die these days. I know she had cancer for a long time, but it's still so young.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Tue 17 Oct, 2023 06:16 am
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

One thing I did not know about her—she was fired from Three's Company because she dared to try to get equal pay with John Ritter (he made $150k per episode; she made $30k).

She was the star of that show and it quickly went downhill when see left. They killed the golden goose rather than offer a fair pay scale.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 18 Oct, 2023 01:41 pm
@engineer,
She had a number of successful businesses. She had her own line of jewelry, various food plans/items and in the later years sold vinegars and cooking oils online.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 18 Oct, 2023 02:11 pm
@glitterbag,
Don't forget the thigh master.
0 Replies

Bogulum

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2023 04:29 am
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

jespah wrote:

She was the star of that show and it quickly went downhill when see left. They killed the golden goose rather than offer a fair pay scale.

I can agree that the best version of the 8 season long show was the 5 seasons that had Suzanne as Chrissy. But I think that was more a result of the chemistry between the cast members than any individual star power. In my opinion (and I think this is backed up by the popularity of shows he appeared in BEFORE AND AFTER Three's Company), John Ritter was a much bigger attraction, and a more talented star.

My unpopular take is that whether she deserved equal pay with Ritter is debatable. I do believe there is a problem with pay equity between men and women actors, but for instance - Ted Danson made more than Kirstie Alley because Ted Danson was a demonstrably bigger box office draw.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Suzanne Somers passes away
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 03:25:35