RFK Jr Announces Independent Run

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2023 03:12 pm
https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/09/politics/kennedy-independent-campaign/index.html

So entirely possible he will fizzle out in the year plus before election day, but interesting to think what his candidacy means if he can stay in. I know the Democratic leadership is running in terror, but he's actually more in favor with Republicans. I can see more Republicans looking for someone other than Trump to vote for than Democrats looking for someone other than Biden.

jespah

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2023 03:34 pm
@engineer,
I think RFK Jr will learn pretty quickly that the Kennedy name isn't the lead pipe cinch for votes that it used to be.
thack45

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2023 06:04 pm
@engineer,
Quote:
Robert F Kennedy Jr - the anti-vaccination activist, environmental lawyer and member of America's most famous political family - is running for president as an independent. Although his chances of capturing the White House are slim to none, he could impact a close race.

"If it becomes a choice between Trump and Kennedy, that's a really tough question," says Sherri Guoan. "In a perfect world, I would love for them to run together."

That's as far as I bothered reading in this article https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-67035600
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
hightor

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2023 04:16 am
@Builder,
Quote:
Much like Hillary realised that being a Clinton didn't mean jack squat come election time.

Not really. The Arkansas Clintons were never a storied family with an aura of glamour touched by tragedy – there was no Clinton brand for Hillary to cash in on yet she still received millions of more votes than the winner of the 2016 contest. Your comparison of the two families is strikingly inept.

Go to bed.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2023 07:06 pm
@engineer,
As an Independent he's not primary-ing anybody. He's running. I think he'll draw more voters from the Orange Shitgibbon than from Joe Biden.
glitterbag

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2023 11:34 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
I hope you're right☘️ ☘️
0 Replies