Am I supporting communism?

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 01:38 pm
the lady Diane and meself just bought 689 shares of a mutual fund "Greater China Fund" should we feel guilty and lacking in patriotism (we sold our Ford stock to buy Toyota and the China fund)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,208 • Replies: 12
No top replies

squinney

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 01:40 pm
tsk. tsk.

Them Stetson bein' made in China, now?
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 01:46 pm
I think I can safely predict that you will roast in eternal hell-fire, Dys. (I'll prob'ly be on the spit next to your'n.)
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 01:48 pm
Merry Andrew wrote:
I think I can safely predict that you will roast in eternal hell-fire, Dys. (I'll prob'ly be on the spit next to your'n.)

I've always counted on that Mr Andrew.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 01:48 pm
your are goin to hell in a handbasket,
so you better remove the ' made in china ' sticker
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 01:50 pm
And that only, because you liked the 'Tulipa 'China Pink' in Keukenhof so much.

Adding my tsks tsks to squinney's.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 01:58 pm
Shhhsh, Dys. We're fine with the enlightened people so far, but you never know who might read this an turn us in for being overly friendly with the Chinese.

Of course, if China ever called in the US Treasury Bonds it owns, maybe it would be a good thing to own some of their stock.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 02:02 pm
Just be careful you two!
At retirement ages it is more difficult
to regain money lost in stocks.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 02:34 pm
Re: Am I supporting communism?
dyslexia wrote:
the lady Diane and meself just bought 689 shares of a mutual fund "Greater China Fund" should we feel guilty and lacking in patriotism (we sold our Ford stock to buy Toyota and the China fund)

STRING EM UP! DIANE, TOO CAUSE SHE PROBABLY NAGGED HIM

BBB
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 07:28 pm
I drive through a Walmart parking lot to get to our local animal feed store and I always notice how many patriotic type symbols are stuck to the cars parked there. My favorite is the "Buy American" bumper sticker I see occasionally. Anyone who has ever shopped in Walmart has made a donation to the communist goobermint of China. If it is an offense that propels one to hell, you will have a lot of company Dys. Welcome to the global economy.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 08:12 pm
A free market is a fundamental part of capitalism. Is it possible to support communism practicing capitalism? Apparently so. It is said that capitalism will sell you the rope to hang itself.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 08:45 pm
Considering the amount of scratch that our very own government is borrowing from China, I would say don't worry about it. (Your investment, that is.)
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 08:58 pm
And here I thought you were all in on Phillip Morris...

This announcement is no way to keep up appearances as an anarchist. My advice is to sell the China fund and buy Halliburton and Carlyle.

So you can sleep better at night.
0 Replies