How to Copy a Screen Picture on A Mac to A2K

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2023 01:02 pm
When we were in Albuquerque many years ago, we visited Diane and Dyslexia. He told us about Dead Horse Point State Park in Utah.

We went there, and it was gorgeous. When I came home, I found a wonderful picture of it, and I wanted to keep it as the picture on my screen. It has been there for years.

Problem was, I found that the usual copy and paste does not work on screen pictures. I would love to share this picture with A2Kers. But how can I do it?

There are plenty of pics of DHP on the internet, but this one is good enough to retain its clarity on my 27" screen.

All assistance gratefully accepted.

jcboy

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2023 01:29 pm
@Phoenix32890,
On a Mac you would do a command, shift and the number 4, trace the image with your mouse. Like I just did here with your post. You can save it in a folder or to your desktop.

https://www.linkpicture.com/q/Screen-Shot-2023-09-13-at-3.25.22-PM.png
Mame

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2023 02:04 pm
@jcboy,
Hmmm, I always use Cmd-Shift-3 to take a screen shot.
jcboy

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2023 02:07 pm
@Mame,
You're right, weird thou,, I've always used 4 and it works.

Pressing the 'Command', 'Shift' and '3' keys (all at the same time) will capture the entire screen.
You should see the screen flash or change before it goes back to normal.
The screenshot usually gets saved to the Mac desktop.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2023 02:11 pm
@Mame,
Both work, but to trace an image you use the number 4, using 3 captures the entire image. I've been cropping images which is why I use 4.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2023 02:12 pm
@Phoenix32890,
You still need to upload the photo or image to an image hosting site like [url=]Imgur.com[/url], etc....

Then take the link they provide and add it to the [img][/img]

But remembering to add .jpg at the end.

Code:[img]https://imgur.com/G51Bw2V.jpg[/img]

https://imgur.com/G51Bw2V.jpg
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2023 03:23 pm

I have tried this with both command/shift/3, and command shift /4. The computer makes a warbling sound. So I go to A2k, hit Command V and what do I get?

FLASH20

.What is THAT all about?

I have never used an image hosting site. That'll be next.
CalamityJane

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2023 04:37 pm
@Phoenix32890,
No Phoenix! Like jcboy said, press and hold these three keys together: Shift, Command, and 3. If you see a thumbnail in the corner of your screen, click it to edit the screenshot.

For only a portion of the screen: Press and hold these three keys together: Shift, Command, and 4. Drag the crosshair to select the area of the screen to capture. To move the selection, press and hold Space bar while dragging.

The images will get automatically to your desktop.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » How to Copy a Screen Picture on A Mac to A2K
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/29/2024 at 08:41:15