Serious question about age...and gender.

glitterbag

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2023 09:49 pm
@engineer,
Before my cataract surgery I had progressives, I loved them until the cataracts got so bad I could barely read. So, I got this terrific surgery (I loved it, it made both eyes practically perfect) However, even though I only need reading glasses I still got progressives because it's so much easier than balancing the bifocals. Maybe I'm pampering myself, but what the hell, I like them.
roger

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2023 11:43 pm
@glitterbag,
I've heard the progressives take a lot of getting used to. Did you have a real problem with that?
glitterbag

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2023 06:32 am
@roger,
I didn't have a problem, but maybe if I had balancing issues I would have. One thing I notice now is it's difficult to take showers since that aneurysm happened. Sometimes I lose my balance trying to turn around with eyes closed, of course that has nothing to do with progressives, just slow recovery after large blood loss. Thank God I still have a tub, or mr. g'bag would have to hose me down in the driveway.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2023 07:25 am
@roger,
Hi Rog! I am not Glitterbag, but I will answer your question. I almost never had any problems with progressives. I once had a small problem, which the optometrist fixed by merely adjusting the frames.
engineer

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2023 09:26 am
@Phoenix32890,
Same here, no issues with progressives. Just don't use them with computers. I started getting neck pain from tilting my head up to read the screen. (I imagine bifocals would produce the same effect.) I keep a set of regular reading glasses for computer work.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2023 02:13 pm
@roger,
I'm not even Phoenix, I tried progressives and it was a lot of trouble to get them at the right angle all the time.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2023 03:05 pm
@engineer,
Thanks to all.

I have bifocals, and I also use reading glasses on the computer.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2023 10:13 am
@engineer,
I don't know about all computers, but my Apple can tilt back and forth and side to side. Often a tiny adjustment makes a huge difference in the viewing angle.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2023 10:31 am
@Phoenix32890,
Phoenix32890 wrote:

I don't know about all computers, but my Apple can tilt back and forth and side to side. Often a tiny adjustment makes a huge difference in the viewing angle.

Yeah, back when I was dating mostly go-go dancers (they were a big thing back in the 70's)...there were some who could tilt back and forth and side to side.

Whew! Talk about tiny adjustments making a huge difference!
Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2023 11:42 am
@Frank Apisa,
Oh, Frank. I could always count on you for the perfect comeback! Wink
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2023 11:47 am
@Frank Apisa,
It's all in how you look at it that separates the consequences. A slap or thrown out the club.

Extra points for collecting both.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2023 01:24 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

It's all in how you look at it that separates the consequences. A slap or thrown out the club.

In most cases, I was either the bartender...or the manager. I've held both positions in several bars and watering holes.

No slaps...because I never, ever force things. Any woman I move on either welcomes the move enthusiastically...or I consider it a "NO."

As for being "thrown out." Well...more often than not, I was the guy who hired the bouncers.

Quote:

Extra points for collecting both.

Always at least two dancers. Extra points were given for having both come over to the apartment for a...nightcap!
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/29/2024 at 07:31:38