Boyfriend Jealousy

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2023 05:19 pm
Is it normal for a man to be able to tell you what to wear to work and how to wear your hair? And the clothes I wear are not a bit inappropriate. It’s polos and I fix my hair and he hates that I do that because he thinks it looks too good for work and I should only wear it at home. This isn’t normal behavior is it?

jespah

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2023 07:08 pm
@sdh20230810,
It's normal only if he's a controlling narcissist, which is exactly what he sounds like.

Don't hang around, thinking things are going to get better.

They won't.
0 Replies

Coconuts75

Reply Sat 5 Aug, 2023 10:51 pm
@sdh20230810,
I understand your concern. I too face the same problem with my husband. I'm not allowed to wear shorts or capris jeans or anything revealing on the top. He apparently thinks I have really sexy legs or I'm so ugly he doesn't want to make other people sick. I thought of myself as average. Now you might as well just throw a damn burka on me. He doesn't like me to leave the house too dressed up. He is very handsome so you would think he would want me to look my best, right?
Do what you want if it doesn't affect your relationship too much.
Mame

Reply Sun 6 Aug, 2023 11:19 am
@Coconuts75,
Do you remember the freedom of dressing how you pleased? Doing what you want, saying what you want? Reading, watching, eating what you want? Without that freedom, you're a prisoner.

Is that how you want to live your remaining days?
glitterbag

Reply Sun 6 Aug, 2023 03:13 pm
@Mame,
Yikes!
Mame

Reply Sun 6 Aug, 2023 03:52 pm
@glitterbag,
Indeed!
0 Replies

Coconuts75

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2023 05:56 am
@Mame,
Yes I remember my freedom he would say that I also need to remember that he is the one who fought for my freedom since he was in wars.
I love my freedom but I like to please my husband as well and if not showing my shins is one tiny sacrifice then I guess it's better than getting shot in the head. Thanks for your view. I might throw on a pair and see how far I get out the door 😆
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Boyfriend Jealousy
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/26/2024 at 10:08:26