How can I overcome a writer's block?

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2023 02:19 am
I'm becoming desperate, I've been dealing with a write's block for almost a year now and I don't know what to do.

Any tips?

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2023 04:37 am
@funnyUsername123,
Well, you've failed to mention whether it's fiction or non-fiction writing, but how about writing up a list of idea fragments that you write down quickly without an attempt to make them perfect?
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2023 10:39 am
@funnyUsername123,
Quit posting nonsense on sites like this and buckle down and get writing whatever it is you're writing.
Bogulum

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2023 04:41 am
@Mame,
`
Mame wrote:

Quit posting nonsense on sites like this and buckle down and get writing whatever it is you're writing.

Mame, you are a character. Your advice to the guy with the writer's block is "Get writing!" What is that - 'tough love'? Smile Very Happy Laughing
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 25 Jul, 2023 08:41 am
Start small projects and work your way up. Try working every day by writing something…even if it’s for practice. Good daily habits will help overcome the habit. Try doing some finite tasks such as building up a short story. The as the habit of doing these daily tasks continues, you’ll be on you way to breaking the block.

Don’t look to the top of the hill while climbing a mountain ⛰ but look at the steps in front of you.
Ragman

Reply Tue 25 Jul, 2023 09:17 am
@Ragman,
..the habit of being blocked
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » How can I overcome a writer's block?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 04:24:12