Today's Novel

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 11:46 pm
HI everybody.
I want to learn English language as it is used in today's everyday life. I want to do this through reading some novels. But the problem is that many of the novels that I know are from old times, e.g. 1 or 2 hundred years ago. So it means that if I read them I would get familiar with the style and vocabulary of that time. Now who can introduce to me some novels written in 1990 onward? I want everyday-life vocabulary and style. THANKS.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 606 • Replies: 1
No top replies

UnagiSushi

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 07:44 pm
Re: Today's Novel
khorrami wrote:
HI everybody.
I want to learn English language as it is used in today's everyday life. I want to do this through reading some novels. But the problem is that many of the novels that I know are from old times, e.g. 1 or 2 hundred years ago. So it means that if I read them I would get familiar with the style and vocabulary of that time. Now who can introduce to me some novels written in 1990 onward? I want everyday-life vocabulary and style. THANKS.

Have you tried looking at best seller lists, like the New York times best seller lists?

I read mysteries. Some of my favourite authors are Lillian Jackson Braun and SJ Rozan. Both write contemporary books. Very Happy

0 Replies